Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 05:20:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  abuse a mutt 22 months --- kill a human 1 month
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: abuse a mutt 22 months --- kill a human 1 month  (Read 18232 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 05:56:45 pm »

^^^^^

I doubt he gets suspended for more than four games.  He's taken responsibility for his actions and is facing the consequences.  I'm sure Goodell will take that into consideration. 
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 06:52:24 pm »

^^^^^

I doubt he gets suspended for more than four games.  He's taken responsibility for his actions and is facing the consequences.  I'm sure Goodell will take that into consideration. 

Thats a good point.....always helps to man up to your actions, But I see him doing the Year.  He's got to make an impact on these players .

Dphins4me
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 07:28:57 pm »

Just a question.  What is the call on this whole situation if Stallworth was not legally under the influence?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 05:56:37 pm »

I don't like the NFL suspending players for their legal actions like this, especially after the legal judgment has been made and served.  I don't know why, but it seems kind of like double jeopardy to me.  I hate Michael Vick for what he did...don't get me wrong, but I believe we have a legal system for this kind of thing.

If the NFL teams don't want to risk the bad publicity by signing these guys, fine, but I don't like the NFL being the sheriff.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 06:21:40 pm »

I don't like the NFL suspending players for their legal actions like this, especially after the legal judgment has been made and served.  I don't know why, but it seems kind of like double jeopardy to me.  I hate Michael Vick for what he did...don't get me wrong, but I believe we have a legal system for this kind of thing.

If the NFL teams don't want to risk the bad publicity by signing these guys, fine, but I don't like the NFL being the sheriff.

Double jepordy says you can't be tried for the same crime twice, by the SAME entity.  You can in fact be tried for the same crime by both the feds and the state.

But it is not unussual for people to be fired from work for engaging in criminal activity away from work.  I am sure if a cop killed someone while drinking and driving off duty, he would either be fired or suspended without pay for some period of time.

My mom certainly didn't subscribe to the idea that grounding me for the same offense that the school gave me a suspension was some how unconsitutional.  Actually, the mere fact I was suspended was the basis for the grounding. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2009, 09:33:40 pm »

No person should have the expectation to play in any sports league. This is the same as any job and in amny you lose your employment for something like this. In fact, almost every job out there you would lose after doing prison time.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2009, 11:41:25 pm »

My mom certainly didn't subscribe to the idea that grounding me for the same offense that the school gave me a suspension was some how unconsitutional.  Actually, the mere fact I was suspended was the basis for the grounding. 
What'd you get suspended for this time?  How long until you're ungrounded?

Grin

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 08:01:36 am »

Turns out he had traces of marijuana in his bloodstream.  Although he's been sentenced, this might tack on some time to his upcoming suspension.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1460/story/1121770.html
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 04:33:52 pm »

I'm not saying that the NFL doesn't have the legal right to do it, or that it's a legal issue at all.  I just figure that after the law has been decided, that should be enough.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 06:59:12 pm »

If ANYbody had a right to smoke a spliff and relax a little it was Mike Vick.   He's had a rough 2-3 past Years.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 09:53:06 am »

He is a free man. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-donte-stallworth-jail-bn071009,0,6275504.story

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 01:11:15 pm »

Guess he must've behaved well if he only served 24 days out of 30
bsfins
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 11:55:58 am »

Abuse dogs,serve year and ahalf in jail...6weeks suspension...
Kill someone gone for the year...

Stallworth suspended for the entire season.......
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/13/stallworth/index.html
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 12:36:32 pm »

Now that's way too harsh for Stallworth if you're gonna only give Vick a six week suspension. 

If I were Stallworth, I'd appeal this immediately, and if that doesn't work, I'd sue the NFL in a court of law.
bsfins
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 12:59:36 pm »

I think the point that is going right over Tommy's head is simple...Which one is more likely to happen again...Drive drunk,or running a dog fighting ring.....The league can't be tolerant of drunk driving...I have no problems with the suspension....Sueing would just be a waste of time...If it were april or may..then fine....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray