Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 02:59:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Cable should be suspended, Davis should sell the team
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Cable should be suspended, Davis should sell the team  (Read 5519 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 12:09:35 pm »

^^^ As mentioned though, they have never stepped in on anything like this. They have suspended for conduct off the field, for conduct against opposition, but never for conduct during your own team activities.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 10:33:57 pm »

BUMP. 

Just saw on ESPN that Cable won't be charged
ethurst22
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 11:53:50 pm »

Immediate termination.  Do you know of any job where it's acceptable for a manager to physically assault one of his workers during a disagreement.  ...not to mention that this is a person in a position of power who will later have to earn the respect of others to do his job properly.

I would fire him today, if I were Al Davis.

If this were a seasoned coach who'd shown success before and this was an isolated incident, I can understand reviewing the situation carefully.  But this early?  Can him.

I agree with Dave...this is thuggery and assault. Cable should be arrested for his actions.

Al Davis wants lackey coaches. How him and John Madden ever got along is beyond me.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 12:01:44 am »

Al Davis wants lackey coaches. How him and John Madden ever got along is beyond me.

That was 30 years ago.  Al Davis was of sound mind back then. 
ethurst22
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 12:31:33 am »

Don Shula almost decked Joe Robbie.

True story...the Dolphins were having a banquet and Shula was waiting on his wife Dorothy to come out of the restroom. Joe Robbie demanded that Shula go to his seat and NOBODY talks to Don Shula like that.

Shula replied to Robbie that he would "knock him on his ass if he ever spoke to him like that again".

Contrary to what people believe, Shula and Robbie had a tenious relationship. They respected each other and knew they needed each other to have a successful franchise.

That would have been a sight to see Shula and Robbie duking it out back at the old practice field at Biscayne College.

Cable will be gone by the end of the year. Just like any other Raiders coach of late.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 06:45:19 am »

Just saw on ESPN that Cable won't be charged

According to witnesses, what ACTUALLY happened was that Cable charged Hanson, but another coach stepped in. Cable bumped into that guy, who bumped into Hanson, who then fell onto a small table or something.

If you read the statement from the police and DA about why Cable is not being charged, they pretty much directly accuse Hanson of lying (couldn't reconcile the "inconsistencies" in Hanson's statements).
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 08:53:30 am »

Has a player ever been suspended by the league for hitting a teammate in practice? 

There is a huge difference between two players that are already physically abusing each other stepping that up to throwing punches.

Coaches, the last time I checked, aren't participating in "wax your buddy" drills.  They aren't physically in the trenches.  They aren't doing open field drills.

There is no excuse for a coach to lay a hand on another coach.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:57:21 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray