Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:54:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Oregon player punches Boise State player
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Oregon player punches Boise State player  (Read 8758 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:24:32 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4445891

Make sure you watch the video.  I think this is some bullshit and the Oregon player needs to be suspended for the rest of the year.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 03:29:26 pm »

Suspended?  I expect him to be thrown off the team.  I don't think College teams can tolerate loose cannons, but maybe that's just me being too disciplinarian.

I'd consider revoking his scholarship, too, if applicable.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:41:08 pm »

I think he should be booted off the team...you just can't suckerpunch another player like that, even if he says something that really pisses ya off.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 03:44:35 pm »

I also vote for kick him off the team.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:48:53 pm »

The Boise State player deserved every bit of the punch to the face. He got punked and snuffed on national television for everyone to see after he thought he was Mr. Cool taunting that Oregon player.

I loved the jelly legs, you pussy.

The Oregon player only acted inappropriately AFTER hitting the guy when he continued to be beligerant and fight with everyone else.

Had that Boise State player had his helmet on, and was punched or slapped at, which happens in about half of the games, this would be a non-issue, warranting maybe a one game suspension. 

Its only an issue because he got punched directly in the face with his helmet off. The penalty should be no different then a guy would receive for slapping or punching a guy while on the field of play.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 04:03:35 pm »

I agree with DB.

I watched the youtube videos and the announcers kept talking about sportsmanship and how appalling the RB's behavior was.  It was, I'm in agreement there but they never mentioned what shitty sportsmanship the Boise DE had.  Sore winners are worse than sore losers.  I enjoyed that punch.  Got what ya had comin' to ya, kid!  Wink
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 04:04:00 pm »

I loved the jelly legs, you pussy.

Let's see how you reacted if you got suckerpunched/cold-cocked when you weren't looking (by definition).  I'm not gonna sit here and try to say that that Boise St. (defensive end?) is probably an angel in this situation, supposedly he was talking some mess, but man, you gotta have your head on your shoulders A LOT more than to do what that #9 kid did.  Plus, it's not like the guy even saw it comin', his head was slightly turned or turning when it happened.  You'll notice how #9 starts backing up immediately after he throws the punch.  Not that I blame him, I'm sure I'd have done the same thing (back away, that is...hopefully I wouldn't have punched someone else in the first place, though), but let's not make the guy out to be Billy Badass, either.

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 04:16:44 pm »

Expulsion.  It makes your school look bad to keep him on.

Send a message.  Get rid of him.

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 04:24:36 pm »

I don't care what someone says to you.  Jaw back all you want but verbal taunting does not give you the right to put your hands on another person. 

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 04:34:16 pm »

football players jaw at each other the entire game.  Mature players control themselves, maybe talk back.  Immature thugs throw punches as retaliation.

There's no excuse.  I don't care if he called his momma a crack whore.  You throw a punch, you're done.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 04:45:03 pm »

if he threw a punch, he's either too dumb or not good enough to get even the right way.  Plenty of shit you can do between plays or during them if a guy is giving you shit and you want to shut him up, or just if you're in the mood to send someone a message.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 05:10:10 pm »

^^^The punch was after the game. No in between plays then.

I don't think he would have gooten the full season suspension without the after the fact carrying on he did. If he had just walked straight off the field & made the right appology he would have gotten punished, but not thrown away I don't think.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 05:57:27 pm »

He needs to be Tazed.  (JUST KIDDING.........Relax )

Kicked off the team?  Thats a Battery and I would call Law enforcement. Arrested and Kicked off is more like it.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:03:37 pm »

^ I agree.

I have zero tolerance for this kind of this.  It's not just a game.  It's assault.  He should be cuffed and taken to jail.

I doubt many of us could sucker punch someone at our jobs and get the right to return.  ...not to mention that this guy is probably on scholarship.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 07:36:51 pm »

Watching ESPN right now.   They are reporting that Blount (The Oregon RB) has been suspended for the remainder of the season and cannot wear any Oregon attire for any college postseason games (Hula Bowl/Shrine Game). 

He's a senior coming off a 1002 yard ant 17 TD season.  This was his year to break out.  Although I think his actions are depolrable and I agree with the punishment, I feel bad for him in a way because this is going to mess up his NFL chances. 

IMO, they should have done this to Brandon Merriweather back in 2006 when he stomped on that FIU player. 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:15:34 am by Tommy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray