Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:17:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jordan's Hall of Fame Induction Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Which option is funnier?
Two nobodies pissing on the feet of one of the greatest athletes to ever walk the earth
A third nobody (me) taking three minutes out of his day to laugh at them
Tommy wanting us to believe that he has an unnamed, unverifiable "source" in the NBA.
All of the above.

Author Topic: Jordan's Hall of Fame Induction Speech  (Read 3198 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 12, 2009, 04:32:05 am »

He was always an asshole, from a degenerate gambler to an awful husband. I am just glad his speech kind of brought that out what a jerk he really is to others who may not have noticed.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 07:30:18 am »

^^^^

You realize that the mid career "retirement" where he went to play minor league baseball was just smoke and mirrors.  I have a source in the NBA that told me he was actually suspended during that time.  They made it look like he was retiring because the NBA can't suspend their biggest star.  His actions got his father killed.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 07:51:48 am »

I have no sources but I always believed that is why his father got killed. Just seemed too random to me and I felt it was Jordan not paying his gambling debt that led to it.

Of course, that is just an opinion, no proof of that exists.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 12:08:36 pm »

Not sure what's funnier here...

1) Two nobodies pissing on the feet of one of the greatest athletes to ever walk the earth
2) A third nobody (me) taking three minutes out of his day to laugh at them
3) Tommy wanting us to believe that he has an unnamed, unverifiable "source" in the NBA.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:21 pm »

1) Two nobodies pissing on the feet of one of the greatest athletes to ever walk the earth
3) Tommy wanting us to believe that he has an unnamed, unverifiable "source" in the NBA.

I vote #3.

Mods can we make this into a poll?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 01:15:20 pm »

^^^^

You realize that the mid career "retirement" where he went to play minor league baseball was just smoke and mirrors.  I have a source in the NBA that told me he was actually suspended during that time.  They made it look like he was retiring because the NBA can't suspend their biggest star.  His actions got his father killed.

I don't know about your "source", but that has been an internet rumor for years.  I don't necessarily believe it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 01:19:50 pm »

So, no one can speak on Jordan unless they are Oscar Roberston or the Ghost of Wilt Chamberlain? If this were the case, this whole website wouldn't exist, nor 99.999% of the internet.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 10:40:22 pm »

So, no one can speak on Jordan unless they are Oscar Roberston or the Ghost of Wilt Chamberlain? If this were the case, this whole website wouldn't exist, nor 99.999% of the internet.

Please forgive Sunstroke.  He's in one of his moods because it's that time of the month.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 11:06:39 pm »

Please forgive Sunstroke.  He's in one of his moods because it's that time of the month.

It's always that time of the month...I laugh at bozos all month long.

Sure you can...no one's putting a gag on ya. I was just amused by how caustic your initial comments sounded. It was as if he'd personally stiffed you on a wager or something. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 03:05:30 pm »

Never liked the guy. I can respect his work and accomplishments, but I also thought he was an ass on a personal level.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 12:06:26 am »

LMAO!!!

I just spit *insert random drink* all over my *insert random computer component*. 

You're the man, dude!  Cheesy
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 12:22:43 pm »

I was just joking about making it into a poll.  But it is totally awesome that someone did. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 03:56:39 pm »

On a side note, how classy was David Robinson?  His speech made Jordan's look all the worse for how thankful he was to all the people in his life, including those that made his life more difficult (if you choose to look at his setbacks in that way).

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 07:01:15 pm »

David Robinson has always been a great guy, so his speech is not at all shocking. Jordan reading from his enemies list and essentially trash talking his own children WAS shocking.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 09:09:14 am »

Everyone's only finding out NOW that Michael Jordan was an asshole? Wow, where have you guys been this whole time?

Larry Bird once said in the 80's that the biggest trash talker on the court was MJ, and that's when he was a young 20-something. Jordan was the best basketball player on the planet, but this doesn't make him mother theresa. Noteable Jordan asshole acts include:

1. Blowing millions of dollars gambling
2. Fighting with Jerry Kraus / Jerry Reinsdorf
3. Shoving "it" in the face of Stan Van Gundy on his 3rd game back while dropping 55 at MSG
4. Calling Kwame Brown a _____ Smiley
5. All other type of stuff.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray