Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:26:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dear Yankees,
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dear Yankees,  (Read 3838 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 21, 2009, 12:14:26 am »

You haven't clinched the division yet. Stop sucking.

Sincerely,

Yankees Fans
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:02:53 am »

get ready for another 1st round flameout!! burnett will get shelled, joba blows, and we have no good playoff starter besides CC.  pettite's actually the pitcher i trust most come postseason!!   i miss moose :-(
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:37:35 am »

What they really are trying to do is choke the division away so that they can play Anaheim and go home in 3.  I think they like to get beat by the Angels.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:15:13 am »

^Except that the only way they will face the Angels is if they choke away the division...which is looking more and more like it could happen.  9.5 game lead is down to five with Boston only four back in the loss area.  3 more games head to head.

If the playoffs start as is, with Detroit/New York and Anaheim / Boston...does anyone really think Anaheim is going to pick this year to suddenly get by the Sox?  I don't.  New York will crush Detroit and they've already showed that they present terrible match up problems with Boston. 

New York needs to win the division in order to get Detroit and a shot at Boston.  If, for some reason, Boston over takes NY and sends them to a 5 game ALDS show down with the Angels...I don't like the Yankees' changes in that.  I especially don't like their chances with Anaheim in a seven game set should the Angels find a way to beat Boston this year.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 01:40:23 am »

Another choke job last night, 5-2 loss vs. the Angels. A nice prelude of what to expect in the postseason..... Roll Eyes

Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:36:51 am »

At least it is the Angels!  Did you catch Boston's act in KANSAS CITY last night???  Holy crap.  Up 9-2 at one point and they lose 12-9?Huh?

To the ROYALS?

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »

What's that smell? Must be the spoor of AL Elitist swine... Grin

Meanwhile... Hopefully the Padres can help out the Marlins by kicking a little ass on Colorado and the Giants the last two weeks of the season.

Viva la senior circuit!! (The Revolution will go extra innings)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 01:15:42 pm »

Go San Diego!

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 05:11:10 pm »

Cashman stated today that Joba has to earn a postseason spot. Meaning, if Gaudin does okay and Joba continues his 9.00 ERA in his last 8 starts, he will be left out of October entirely.

I mean, it's probably only going to be 4 games, but that still sucks.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:32:17 pm »

Cashman stated today that Joba has to earn a postseason spot. Meaning, if Gaudin does okay and Joba continues his 9.00 ERA in his last 8 starts, he will be left out of October entirely.

I mean, it's probably only going to be 4 games, but that still sucks.
Wow. Not even the bullpen? That's terrible.

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:15:31 pm »

At least it is the Angels!  Did you catch Boston's act in KANSAS CITY last night???  Holy crap.  Up 9-2 at one point and they lose 12-9?Huh?

To the ROYALS?

I did see this. And the funny thing is that they decided to play through pouring rain, not just a light drizzle. Surely had this game been at Fenway it would have been called and ruled official while the Red Sox were leading.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 02:28:28 am »

Sabathia
Pettitte
Burnette
Mariano
Hughes
Marte
Robertson (if healthy)
Aceves
Coke
Gaudin (long relief)
Mitre? (long relief)

I guess that leaves one bullpen spot if they are going for 12 pitchers. If not, that's 11. Coke has been fine if not for his ridiculous ability to give up Homeruns.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:43 am »

I did see this. And the funny thing is that they decided to play through pouring rain, not just a light drizzle. Surely had this game been at Fenway it would have been called and ruled official while the Red Sox were leading.

Well...yeah!

KC's manager (whoever he is this week) said he was actually shocked it wasn't called off in the 7th himself. 

-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 12:19:37 pm »

BoSox bats came alive late in the game to stay on pace with the Yankees who capped a dramatic series by edging the Angels 3-2. 

Yankees are 6 games up with nine left.  Not gonna put the champagne on ice just yet, but I will order it.   Grin
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 12:28:12 pm »

^The lead might be six, however Boston only trails by 5 in the loss column and has three head to head games this week.  Boston has 10 games left, tonight's tilt with KC, New York for three and then finish at home with Toronto and Cleveland.

You might want to hold off ordering anything.

-Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray