Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:32:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Anyone think Aaron Hill is on roids?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone think Aaron Hill is on roids?  (Read 2117 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: September 23, 2009, 04:01:52 pm »

Got a concussion last season, came back healthy from the concussion this year and he has hit his 33rd homerun last night. 28 homeruns his last 4 seasons combined.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:02:48 pm »

In the past, I would've definitely voiced my suspicions, but I'm done with all that. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 05:29:16 pm »

I heard it was because of the work he did on his swing this past offseason with Jays hitting coach Gene Tenace. I'd be more prone to believe that than 'roids when it comes to Hill. He definitely has a little more uppercut to his swing this season for sure...and a large number of my fantasy squads truly appreciate his studliness this season. Based on the late round pick he cost in drafts, he's easily on the short list for fantasy MVP this season. 

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:41:16 pm »

The funny thing is that the guys hitting 30 for the Jays aren't supposed to be the guys hitting 30. What the f happened to Alex Rios and Vernon Wells is the question. You have Aaron Hill and Adam Lind hitting 30, and then you Wells and Rios falling off the face of the earth offensively.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 12:45:03 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Hill's HR numbers settled back down to around 20-25 next season, but I think Lind's power is legit and will continue to boom. Vernon Wells isn't going to give anyone 30+ HRs any more, and I don't expect Rios to hit 30+ with the ChiSox any time soon either.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:36:09 am »

I don't expect Rios to hit 30+ with the ChiSox any time soon either.

I forgot that Rios went to the White Sox for absolutely nothing in return.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:23:44 am »

If Hill were some 36 year old hack with a .222 life time average that had never popped more than 10 in a season I would wonder.  But he is a kid that is getting only his third real season under his belt.  He was up and down in his rookie year of 2005 with under 370 AB's.  He had 546 in an injury filled year in 2006 and was bouncing around the line up.  2007 he finally had a 608 AB season and was basically used the same way all year and delivered a very good year that included 17 home runs. 

He only had 200+ ABs last season, so I look at 2009 as his building year from 2007.  .291 average, 17 home runs, 78 RBI, .459 slugging percentage. 

I think Hill, along with Petey in Boston and Kinsler in Texas, make up three of the best young 2B in the game.  I think Hillsie is a 25/90 guy every year, if healthy.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 07:00:19 pm »

Yeah, Hill is not that shocking.

Vernon Wells got a big contract and then decided to eat some sandwiches and stop caring, whereas a guy like Sabathia got a big contract, ate some sandwiches and kept trying.

I would look towards Marco Scutaro on roids more than Aaron Hill.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray