Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:30:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fantasy baseball strategy question.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fantasy baseball strategy question.  (Read 1579 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: September 30, 2009, 10:31:17 pm »

This was from a different league i am in so thats why i didn't post it in the other thread.

It's a league that only has 10 stats. R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Currently tied at 5.  still should be after tonight. I lead in R, HR, SB, AVg, and ERA. only 3 behind in RBIs

I was thinking of not pitching any of my starters from now on, obviously purposely losing in Wins, Saves, WHIP (depends on how their starters fare), and K's.

I have a good lead in Runs (51-37), HR (12-4), SB (12-3), AVG. (.305 - .279) and my AVG for tonight so far is .444, while they are around .300. (i have more ABs too).

I guess i am sort of thinking that maybe if it stays 5-5 and since the tiebreaker is ERA. that i would win the tiebreaker.

Good idea, or disaster waiting to happen, championship game, so even if i lost, i still did good to end up in 2nd place.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:42:33 pm by raptorsfan29 » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 01:39:11 am »

Fight for every single point until the last batter/pitcher of the last game.

Put some thought into which pitchers you run out there, and their matchups. Watch out for hitters getting rest days from playoff-bound squads. If you need to add a hitter for the stretch run, look to younger players on non-contenders who are hot "now." rather than a vet with a reputation.

If you're streaming pitchers to power out on sunday, grab homer bailey from the Reds, if available. I expect Buchholz to rebound against cleveland as well. Jonathan Sanchez, Brian Duensing, Tim Hudson and Chris Narveson are all guys I've stashed for sunday W's, K's, era/whip stacking.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:45:49 am »

a little update i am up 5-4 thanks to Soria of KC getting a save to tie up the save department. and i am 1 rbi away from tieing the RBI category, and still 12 ahead in Runs, 9 in HR, 37 points in BA, and increased my lead in ERA by 20 points, i feel i am in good shape. My offense keeps on meeting his teams punch for punch.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 09:23:11 pm »

I won!!!. 4-4 but i won based on Batting average. ERA turned out to be tied so they went to the second tiebreaker.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray