Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:19:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Congrat's BJ Upton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Congrat's BJ Upton  (Read 2114 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:13:22 pm »

Centerfielder of the Tampa Bay Rays becomes the first player in franchise history to hit for the cycle tonight against the Yankees. Game is still in the 7th, so he can still add on, but 4 for 4 so far, single, double, triple, dinger...

I once wrote an ode to BJ and Justin Upton's mom titled "Mrs Upton's 5-Tool Womb"...I may need to dig that one up.

Congrat's to BJ though...well done!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:35:59 am »

Scuttlebutt,Speculation,rumors that the Rays are looking to see if they can get something for him in the offseason....

I sure wouldn't mind having an Upton in Cubbie blue... Cheesy(Not a chance in hell)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 11:15:35 am »

That puts a good spin on an otherwise disappointing season.  Congrats to B.J.!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:20:12 pm »

Congrats on BJ for underachieving for the 2nd consecutive season.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 03:30:21 pm »

Congrats on BJ for underachieving for the 2nd consecutive season.

I'd say.  If the Rays keep him around for another season and not trade him like I'm hearing, let's see how he does with a full season of being healthy.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »

When does he become a free agent? He has played 5 seasons, but only 3 full ones. It'd be interesting to see how much service time he accrued as to me he seems like the type of guy who goes nuts in his walk year and then just coasts after he gets his big contract.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:37 am »

Scuttlebutt,Speculation,rumors that the Rays are looking to see if they can get something for him in the offseason....

I sure wouldn't mind having an Upton in Cubbie blue... Cheesy(Not a chance in hell)

Upton was part of a package Tampa had offered to Toronto for Halliday.  This good game aside for BJ, his season was a wash and pretty terrible overall.  His stock is pretty low right now.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 09:58:56 am »

Nice cleanup action...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray