Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:53:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Bowden on the way out at FSU?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bowden on the way out at FSU?  (Read 4331 times)
JVides
Uber Member

« on: October 05, 2009, 01:24:54 pm »

It appears some high-level trustees are working out Bowden's exit from FSU at year's end.  Sorry, Tommy, but it looks like Jimbo Fisher's their man.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4531451

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:48:31 pm »

Bowden should have been gone years ago.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 02:09:25 pm »

Bowden (along with Jo-Pa) need to go.  They haven't been helping their teams for damn near a decade and they're only there for tradition. 

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 02:13:04 pm »

I love Joe Pa...and his line at the end of the Big Ten conference recruiting commercial, where he's barely restraining himself from screaming "COME TO PENN STATE!!" is one of the funniest sports commercials going right now.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 04:39:10 pm »

It appears some high-level trustees are working out Bowden's exit from FSU at year's end.  Sorry, Tommy, but it looks like Jimbo Fisher's their man.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4531451

It's about fucking time.  I'll give Jimbo a shot, but he needs to step up and be like Nick Saban and say, "There is one voice, my voice"  All this backbiting between the assistants, particularly O-Line coach Rick Trickett who is a flat out asshole in person and to his players and fellow assistants, needs to stop immediately. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:43:37 pm »

Rick Trickett who is a flat out asshole

I agree but for completely different reasons
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:44:08 pm »

I agree but for completely different reasons

What type of reasons?  I've met the man in person, and some of the stuff he said made me want to punch him in the face.
BingeBag
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 05:04:32 pm »

No one likes Trickett. He used to have daily screaming matches with Rich Rod in front of players.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

No one likes Trickett. He used to have daily screaming matches with Rich Rod in front of players.

Like I said... backbiting amongst the assistants, with Trickett in the middle of it all. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 05:38:13 pm »

He may be foul mouthed and striaght forward, but he is a good coach and was the person who recruited Pat White.
BingeBag
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 06:56:52 pm »

Bring in Tommy Tuberville.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 07:14:23 pm »

Bring in Tommy Tuberville.

No.  I've heard that they're going to bring in either Ed Orgeron or Tim Rose to run the defense.  Either one would be a major upgrade over Mickey at this point. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »

Update.

-Jimbo Fisher's contract for taking over as head coach is being worked on. The contract is set up for him to take over as head coach in January of 2011. That's been the plan for a while with Bobby Bowden not stepping down until after the 2010 season. The other part of the contract would have given Fisher control over the defensive staff after this season, and specifically the ability to name the new defensive coordinator with Mickey Andrews set to retire at the end of this season.

-The biggest holdup to the whole plan of having Fisher gradually take control starting next year, and why Bobby Bowden may be forced to leave a year early is the fact that Bowden is insisting that Chuck Amato be made defensive coordinator for 2010. While poor play on the field, lack of leadership among the coaching staff, and the rumored disputes are factors in why Jim Smith and a large majority of the board of trustees want a change sooner rather than later, Bowden's unwillingness to budge on hiring Amato as the next DC is what is really making all of this happen. Obviously, having Amato come in and run the defense after this season isn't what Fisher wants.... Fisher wants to bring in his own guy.  Plus, hiring a coordinator for one year makes little sense from a stability standpoint and will also hurt recruiting on the defensive side of the ball.

- Heard there was another meeting between Bobby Bowden and T.K. Wetherell today.

- The plan is still to have something to announce by Wednesday. If nothing happens by then, it likely means that Bowden has rejected all offers to accept an agreement to retire after this season or not agreed to compromise over the Amato issue. If that's the case, this could get very ugly.
BingeBag
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 03:19:08 pm »

Tommy, what did you think of Bowden when you played at FSU?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:23:21 pm by BingeBag » Logged
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 05:11:26 pm »

Tommy, what did you think of Bowden when you played at FSU?

That is one of the craziest photos I have ever seen..... and I've just forwarded it to all the guys in the Orlando, Jax, and Miami Seminole Clubs who I know. 

To answer your question, let's just say that this is not the Coach Bowden I played for.  That Coach Bowden could motivate you to go through a wall after listening to one of his speeches..... and he did NOT accept losing.  I've lost all respect I've had for him as a result of what the program has become. 

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray