Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:54:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Marlins might fire Sir Freddi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Marlins might fire Sir Freddi  (Read 3051 times)
ethurst22
« on: October 05, 2009, 01:26:35 pm »

I don't understand the Marlins franchise at all.

I was against hiring Fredi G. I thought Joe Girardi was the man that the fish needed.

The Marlins have player well this year and Fredi G's job is in trouble.

does anyone know what Jeffrey Loria is trying 2 do?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:28:37 pm »

I hope they don't axe Fredi G...I like him as the Marlins' skipper.

That said, my Padres released Kevin Towers this past week, and he'd been anchored in his job for 14 years...so anything can happen in the business of baseball.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:35:17 pm »

The thing that kills me about teams that refuse to spend money...they do that, cut costs, don't put much into scouting, sign players out of the draft based on sign ability versus talent...and then wonder why they aren't winning.  And then axe someone like Towers. 

Kevin Towers was sent into a machine gun battle with a plastic spoon.  It is ridiculous what some of these franchises expect, especially playing in a division with other teams willing to spend money. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 02:18:41 pm »

I don't like the way Fredi manages the bullpen.  He leaves struggling pitchers in too long and pulls pitchers out when they're hot for lefty/righty matchups.  IMO, if your guy is rolling, you don't pull him to bring in a guy to pitch to one batter cause the next batter is a lefty.  I hate that more than anything.

I also hate the lineup inconsistency.  I don't think the Marlins' sent the same lineup two games in a row this season.  I am all for giving guys a day to rest but you should have a 8-man starting lineup and, if healthy, those should be your guys on the field every game.

Other than that, I don't have a problem with Fredi.  I don't know how much of the Marlins' "success" this season was thanks to his management, but he hasn't blown many games with his decisions either.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 02:50:16 pm »

rumor i heard is they were bringing in bobby valentine
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:42:13 pm »

^^^^^^

I've heard that rumor as well. 

And I think Loria is completely insane.  He gets rid of Joe Girardi because the two don't get along, despite Girardi falling a mule's breath short of the wild card in 2006 with a AAA team. 

Then he brings in Fredi who has local ties and does exactly as he is told.  All the while, Fredi is saying he needs this guy and that guy, but Loria isn't willing to spend the money to get the players Fredi needs, so Fredi now gets axed. 

Insanity = Doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
BingeBag
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 05:06:00 pm »

Dude doesn't stand up for his players. The word is this is coming from the Hanley rift in the locker room.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 01:22:49 pm »

ESPN reported last night that he won't be fired.

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 01:31:20 pm »

Insanity = Doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

Good analogy in this case.  Kudos.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray