Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:47:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Minnesota/Detroit play-in game tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Minnesota/Detroit play-in game tonight  (Read 4427 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:33 am »

Who ya got?

I really like Minnesota here. You have got to. Detroit not only has played horrendous baseball, but now has to deal with the distraction Miguel Cabrera has caused by going out, getting loaded and getting into a domestic dispute with his wife.

The pitching matchup favors Minnesota. The bullpen favors Minnesota slightly in my opinion.

Since I like Minnesota, (and judging by ESPN's percentages, most of America does), I am sure Detroit will find a way to win. Either way I hope that both teams do their best to play a 20 inning game tonight. Then they get the pleasure of coming to NY tomorrow to play the Yankees.

Prediction: Minnesota 7 Tigers 2

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:17:14 am »

Minnestoa easily.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:31:38 am »

I'm taking Minnesota, but I seriously hope Detroit wins.  Minnesota is on fire right now, and a hot team like them could very well take out the Yankees.   
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:39:00 am »

D_B is on the mark regarding Miguel Cabrera.  How the hell do you come home hammered at 5am in between two vital games over the weekend...and then stir up shit with your wife.

I remember when Florida made this move and I flat out said "Miguel Cabrera is a punk with a bad attitude and that is going to catch up with him."  I was lambasted for it.  Then again I was lambasted for saying that about Hanley Rameriz and, sure enough, his own team called him out this year as well.  Both players are examples of "too much / too soon."

Detroit's offense centers around Cabby.  If he isn't producing it doesn't matter who is on the bump for Detroit tonight.  And Tiger fans can almost all point a finger squarely at Miguel Cabrera for this one.  Detroit wins ONE more game over the course of their last five and they wouldn't be in this position.  During that stretch their star offensive player is out doing only God knows what?  Unacceptable.  He let an entire city down.  Good job.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:04:17 am »

Not condoning anyone driving drunk, or getting into domestic fights with their spouse, but damn, Maine...

I remember when Florida made this move and I flat out said "Miguel Cabrera is a punk with a bad attitude and that is going to catch up with him."  I was lambasted for it. 

I remember you saying that he would let his weight go and not be as productive...I remember that particular (and not very accurate) statement well enough.

During that stretch their star offensive player is out doing only God knows what?

God probably knows...if there's a God, but unless you were hanging with Miggy that night, you probably only know what you're reading on the internet, and filling in the blanks based on your own dislike of that player.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:22:14 pm »

'Stroke - come on.  I am not judging whatever happened with his wife.  But there is no excusing the excessive drinking in between two vitals games in which he went 0-4 and 0-3, over the weekend.  The amount of money the guy makes his team deserves him at 100%.  The fact that he took it upon himself to get nuked in between those games is not mature, professional or excusable.

Do you not agree?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »

Unacceptable.  He let an entire city down.  Good job.

people still live in detroit ?
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:41:58 pm »

3-1, top of the 6th. Porcello has only allowed 4 hits and struck out 8.

Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 07:03:12 pm »

Kubel went yard in the bottom of the 6th, and the Twins left the bases loaded. Porcello was pulled. Baker is back out for the 7th. 3-2 Tigers.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 07:49:32 pm »

Knotted at 4 in the top of the 8th.  This is October baseball baby!!!
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 08:15:37 pm »

Knotted at 4 in the top of the 8th.  This is October baseball baby!!!
Its epic! I love it! I love the playoffs before the actual playoffs...LOL!

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 08:58:49 pm »

5-5 in the bottom of the 10th!!!!  Minnesota's got runners at the corners with one out!!!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 09:02:12 pm »

And they managed to throw Casila out at home!!!  Double play!!!  Going into the 11th inning!!!!  Wow, they extend the season by one game, plus extra innings!!!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »

Minnesota wins in the bottom of the 12th!!!!

Man, what a choke job by Detroit!!!  Had the division lead all season long only to blow it at the end.  Let's see if this costs Jim Leyland his job. 
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 09:57:40 pm »

Absolutely one of the greatest games I have ever seen. Congrats Minnesota!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray