Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:23:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Am I insane for thinking the Vikings aren't all that great?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Am I insane for thinking the Vikings aren't all that great?  (Read 6864 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:58:30 pm »

I know they're a good team -- that's obvious.  But when I hear that they only have 1 loss, I think "wow...really?"  Maybe I'm just jaded by all the Brett Favre hype, but I don't even consider them a serious Super Bowl contender.   I think I just don't have confidence that Favre can put it together for an entire season.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:51:46 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:07:46 pm »

They have a stoud D, a great running back, and the best 40 year old QB I've ever seen.  If he stays healthy, I think they've got a nice shot.  If he gets hurt, they're cooked.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:23:14 pm by JVides » Logged

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:15:22 pm »

I am with you Dave. How the hell is A-Pete so great? Can you believe this guy has fumbled fifteen times in the last 2 seasons? That isn't bad, it's atrocious.

Favre is playing incredibly, but he wore down last year a ton and now we are hitting the home stretch.  I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in his basket when A-Pete has another patented 2 fumble game in the post-season, and they are playing from behind.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:17:48 pm »

I don't put the Vikings on anywhere near the same level as the Saints.
bsfins
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 03:19:19 pm »

Ohhh I don't know 15-1 in 1998,and failed to make the superbowl....maybe...Maybe... .

The best two teams they played, the Ravens,and Steelers...and they lost to the Steelers.....
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 03:21:23 pm »

Yeah, I believe you're insane for thinking that... Minnesota, at the moment, is the second best team in the NFL...and yes, that means I'm putting them ahead of an undefeated team (Indy).

They have a ridiculously talented defense, especially in areas of run defense and putting pressure on opposing QBs. That defense also just got CB Antoine Winfield back. They have the second best RB in the game and a very good #2 RB to spell him. They have a HoF QB having a sick renaissance season and they have three WRs and a TE that are better than anything we have here in Miami currently.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 03:37:15 pm »

I am with Sunstroke, assuming he has the Saints first. Grin

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 03:53:11 pm »

Silly...the 49ers are "obviously" the greatest team in the NFL. ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ethurst22
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 03:54:57 pm »

They are playing in a weak division, the NFC North...

Bears, Lions, Packers - The only team that is medicore are the Packers. The Bears and Lions are just plain bad.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 03:56:57 pm »

Silly...the 49ers are "obviously" the greatest team in the NFL. ;-)

Sorry.  My bad. Smiley

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 04:19:14 pm »

Imagine where they would be if the NFL would have been able to actually suspend their starting defensive tackles for drug policy violations.
Of course this helps the Saints as they have two starting players who have tested positive too but do to the court ruling in Minn, have been allowed to play too, until it is all resolved.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:06 pm »

The Vikings will get the other 1st round BYE, where they'll host some team like Dallas or Atlanta or something. They can probably take care of that at home in their dome. But can they travel to New Orleans on the road in their dome and take out the Saints? We all know how Brett Favre plays inside of domes on the road...and just like someone mentioned, what happens when Adrian Peterson fumbles? That defense is actually kinda good and so is their special teams, so the Vikings may not be able to play as mistake-free as the Saints can. That's going to be a good NFC Championship Game, Vikings @ Saints.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52:51 pm »

It just does my heart good to know that the two best teams in the NFL right now are both NFC teams.

Wink

~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 06:13:01 pm »

We all know how Brett Favre plays inside of domes on the road...

Apparently not, because if you think he's been statistically worse in domes on the road than outdoors on the road, you are incorrect.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 01:08:50 am »

I am curious who Sunstroke thinks is the best RB in the league, if he considers AD to be #2.

I think the Vikes are FOR REAL and I expect them to take it to the Saints, should their paths ever meet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray