Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:27:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Am I insane for thinking the Vikings aren't all that great?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Am I insane for thinking the Vikings aren't all that great?  (Read 6870 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 01:17:37 am »

I am curious who Sunstroke thinks is the best RB in the league, if he considers AD to be #2.

I think the Vikes are FOR REAL and I expect them to take it to the Saints, should their paths ever meet.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say Chris Johnson.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 01:52:41 am »

If I had to take a guess, I'd say Chris Johnson.
That's what I was thinking too, but I want to hear him say it. 

Either that or he's thinking Frank Gore. Roll Eyes
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 03:28:29 am »

I think the Vikes are FOR REAL and I expect them to take it to the Saints, should their paths ever meet.

Same here. I'm also glad Favre is doing pretty good, only because of what happened with the Jets last season. HAHAHA Jets!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 10:25:14 am »

Yes, I'm ranking Chris Johnson as the best RB in football "at the moment." Johnson showing that he can run it tough between the tackles this season to go with that sick speed to the edge, plus the complete dissolution of any "committee" pretense with LenDale White...combined with Adrian's fumbling issue and the feeling I get when watching AD run lately that he is semi-half-assing it (quarter-assing it?) has me ranking Johnson ahead of Peterson right now.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 10:37:04 pm »

And as the Calender turns to December...Farve turns back into a pumpkin?
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 10:59:04 pm »

After watching the game tonight so far, I am jumping right off that bandwagon and and saying Dave is not insane.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 05:05:02 am »

And just like that Minnesota's season goes down the toilet. Their entire starting offensive line is injured....LOL!

Nice year guys!

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 08:14:40 am »

And as the Calender turns to December...Farve turns back into a pumpkin?

No running game and 8 men drop into coverage... Not surprising that Favre's going to throw a few picks.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 11:32:23 am »

Fumbles are HUGE. HUGE. You cannot fumble and last in the NFL. Period. If AP doesn't stop fumbling, he'll soon be on the bench (look at Steve Slaton in Houston).

You just can NOT fumble the ball in the NFL. This is why I was shocked that Fasano was still on the team after fumbling twice! For a TE to fumble once, that can warrant a benching right there. Twice? He's lucky he's still a Dolphin.

Point is, don't fumble.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 02:30:33 pm »

I was at the game last night and the Cards D was all over Peterson and Favre. Great game and the crowd was fun as well. A lot of Viking fans in attendance and they were all jawing on the way in and silent on the way out. Cards were starting to show flashes of their playoff run from last year. Gotta keep Kurt healthy though because Leinart sucks!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 04:53:59 pm »

The Vikings are good, but they're not necessarily on par with New Orleans because the way I see it, Minnesota has the more obvious weak spot.  If you force Minnesota to throw every down, I'm not sure they can keep up with Indianapolis or New Orleans.  On the other hand, the Saints don't give a shit they just keep trying to score, and Indianapolis who supposedly has no running game and no defense always finds ways to win games anyways. 

The Vikings and Saints are probably going to be the NFC championship game.  I think if the Saints go, they'll demolish whoever the AFC rep is.  However, if the Vikings go, the AFC team will probably beat them. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 05:11:49 am »

It just does my heart good to know that the two best teams in the NFL right now are both NFC teams.

Wink

What a difference a couple of weeks make.

The two best teams in the league, right now, are Indy and San Diego.  The Saints and Vikes aren't even in the conversation, as far as I'm concerned.  ...Especially the Saints, as they have lost 2 straight and eeked out the two before that against bums. 

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 06:25:26 am »

What a bunch of mediocre football last night. Vikings special teams blew and their offensive line was a complete disaster. Favre pretty much didn't even manage to complete a single 3-step drop in overtime before being hit. There's no way they're going anywhere with a line like that.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 09:09:10 am »

What a difference a couple of weeks make.

The two best teams in the league, right now, are Indy and San Diego.  The Saints and Vikes aren't even in the conversation, as far as I'm concerned. 

Then you're not having a conversation about the best teams in the league...you're having a conversation about who's playing well at the moment.

No disrespect to Philly or AZ or Dallas, but I am still seeing either the Vikes or Saints representing the NFC in the Super Bowl...and beating whichever AFC team (likely the Patriots or Chargers) makes it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 01:18:38 am »

No disrespect to Philly or AZ or Dallas, but I am still seeing either the Vikes or Saints representing the NFC in the Super Bowl...and beating whichever AFC team (likely the Patriots or Chargers) makes it.

I know that it was only a few weeks ago that they played and the Cards beat the Vikes soundly at home, so I can see where one couldn't exactly call my assessement much of a bold statement, but I think that Arizona matches up well with Minnesota, even at Minnesota, considering how that Vikes' line has been playing recently.  So long as Beanie and Hightower can hold onto the ball (a big assumption, I know), they can move the ball on pretty much any team.  Besides, even if they were losing the ball against Minnesota, AD would pretty much negate that factor with his own ballhandling *skills*.  Cheesy If I was any playoff team, particularly in the NFC for obvious reasons, I wouldn't want to play Arizona with that front seven they've got going right now.  Darnell Dockett scares me...that guy is a beast. 

I honestly think the Cards can make some noise again this year, regardless of what the Saints and (until the past 4 games) Vikes have shown us this season.  'Sides, it's not like they have to worry about playing your Niners come the postseason, 'Stroke  Cheesy.

(not a shot at you, 'Stroke, just acknowledging your boys' domination of AZ this season)

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray