Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 08:20:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault in Georgia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault in Georgia  (Read 15990 times)
bsfins
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 04:05:07 pm »

$200,000 fine to the Steelers...Buy Ben a better Baby sitter....
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 04:12:03 pm »

It would seem that Ben WorthlessRaper isn't particularly bright.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »

This is a pattern.  Reading articles and the medical findings from the girl immediately after this happened, some form of (in the least) rough sex occured. 

One thing that I don't hear people discussing is that Ben had a body guard outside of the bathroom.  No one was allowed within five feet of it after Ben went in.

This is a pattern for the guy.  There are few things worse than sexually overpowering a weaker person for your own pleasure.  It's disgusting, troubling and - with Ben - a pattern. 

The guy should be in jail.  That said, I don't blame this girl's dad for backing his daughter's decision to not move forward.  Her life, already turned upside down, would be shredded.

It was two bodyguards whom at least one was a Penn State Trooper. Also what is the law concerning consent under the influence? I know in California that you can be prosecuted for rape for taking advantage of a drunk girl and it has happened.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 03:46:32 am »

I have said this before, but I'll say it again: I don't like the NFL doing stuff like this.

The NFL isn't the law.  Our country has a legal system for punishing people found guilty of stuff.  It's not like there was some trail that drew out and sullied the name of the NFL.  There wasn't even enough evidence to try and press charges.

I don't "side" with Roethlisberger or anything like that -- the guy probably did whatever he's accused of, however, it's not the NFL's job to step in and be the morality police.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 09:37:24 am »

^^^ Lot's of jobs have morality police. Think of politicians as one. Actors are another group that can lose work based on personal decisions. Basically anyone in the public eye has to know what they are facing if they decide to live life in certain ways.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2010, 12:47:55 pm »

^^ Perhaps, but I don't think that the NFL should be one of those jobs.  It's one thing if Roethlisberger were found guilty of something (or even tried) where it hurt the name of the NFL of the Steelers.  But this is just an accusation of which he claims innocence, and no evidence presented to even bring the charges forward.

He is being presumed guilty.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2010, 12:58:30 pm »

This is the same point I was making earlier. You are confusing crimes with conduct. What Ben has openly admitted (sex in public places under the influence of alcohol) is a violation of the conduct the NFL expects.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2010, 02:20:28 pm »

I have said this before, but I'll say it again: I don't like the NFL doing stuff like this.

His employer in the private sector would have fired him.  Why doesn't the league have a right to maintain levels of integrity? 

I think people lose sight of one important fact: He is an employee after all is said and done.  I dislike the "he wasn't found guilty" stance.  If he were anyone else, in any other career, and did what he did - he would have lost his employment.  Because he is an employee that 80,000 a week happen to come watch play, he is afforded certain things like suspensions versus termination.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2010, 02:22:12 pm »

I know in California that you can be prosecuted for rape for taking advantage of a drunk girl and it has happened.

I think each state has a law that speaks to this.  I know the law you speak of, there was a case not long ago where a person was tried and convicted for raping a girl who "agreed" to have sex under conditions where she wasn't in state to agree to anything. 

-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:30 pm »

I'm not sure I agree with that stance Maine. Since no charges were ever filed and Ben never sat in a jail cell a private sector employer would have probably never heard about it. The only reason this story broke was because of his fame.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2010, 02:34:01 pm »

I'm not sure I agree with that stance Maine. Since no charges were ever filed and Ben never sat in a jail cell a private sector employer would have probably never heard about it. The only reason this story broke was because of his fame.

If that were the case the NFL would have zero ground for a suspension and the PU would be filing a grievance.  500 pages of police report are to the contrary.  The girl wouldn't move forward with charges, she didn't want her life ripped apart.  That is why he isn't in jail now (or out on bond).

-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2010, 02:37:40 pm »

If that were the case the NFL would have zero ground for a suspension and the PU would be filing a grievance. 

Why do people keep insisting this? Legal troubles are not the only violation of the personal conduct policy within the NFL. They suspended him for what are known facts. Forget the legal responsibilities. If this had gone to trial and he was aquitted he was still going to be suspended just because of his admitted actions.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2010, 02:45:08 pm »

Dude, I agree with you.  I thought he should be out for the year.  I don't believe that the NFL should be limited to punishing it's employees only when a law is broken.

-Voltaire
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2010, 03:12:31 pm »

Plus this is not the first bad decision Ben has made over the last couple of years.
Do not forget how many people bitch that players can get away with murder( or the helping of covering one up like Ray Lewis) and it reflects badly upon the NFL as a brand, so now they are trying to clean it up.
I for one applaud them. Look at how bad the NBA has become tarnished with both thier players and refs scandals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray