Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:38:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Will McNabb be booed in Philly?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Will he be booed?
Yes   -15 (83.3%)
No   -3 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Will McNabb be booed in Philly?  (Read 4505 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:28:15 pm »

I don't feel that McNabb is boo-worthy.  I do think they will, though.  Maybe Philly will show some class.

I think that those that support JT will draw a comparison here, but I don't think they're the same.

Thoughts?

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:36:21 pm »

I don't think they should, but being who they are, they will.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »

Seriously? Come on, they booed him when he was drafted. Now that he plays for a division rival, he'll definitely get booed!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »

I believe he will get booed as well but I do not think that he should be. He took them to what 5 Conference Championship games and 1 Super Bowl. I would take that over missing the playoffs for multiple consecutive years.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »

I don't think that all of that matters, so much.  I don't expect Favre to be cheered in Green Bay, despite all that he's done.

I think that McNabb has done and said all of the right things.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:59:00 pm »

we are discussing a fan base that booed santa claus.  why is this even a question?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 08:11:32 pm »

I think we might be surprised, because booing is so expected.

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »

Of course he will. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 10:16:06 pm »

I'm sure there will be a smattering of applause and cheers, but there should be a resounding chorus of boos.

This is Philly we're talking about.  Class and Eagle fans are mutually exclusive terms.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 02:28:26 am »

Wow...I'm the only one that put "no" thus far....kinda surprised on that one, even if it is Philadelphia. 

Now, I'm not gonna sit here and try to say that I don't think a few, or maybe even several, Philly fans won't be booing D-Mac on Sunday afternoon, so if that was the context of the question, then my answer would obviously need to be switched to "yes".  But, I look at the question as, "Will nearly all the Eagles fans in the Linc be booing the guy?". (because obviously I'm assuming the 'Skins fans brave enough to show up won't be!) Perhaps I'm just naive, or actually think these people might have some intelligence to them (sorry, Philly Wink ...don't worry, I admit I'm from AL if you want to *fire* back  Cheesy ), but I just find it hard to believe that some of those people won't appreciate what D-Mac did while he was there in addition to the way he has handled himself since going to Washington. 

Like Dave has already mentioned, I think that's a large part to do with the *difference*, if you will, between him and JT.  While I'm kinda with people like JVides who still wish we had the guy and still like him, he plays for a hated rival now so I definitely don't care for him when he's playing for said team that day/night.  But had I been in SunLife Stadium Sunday night, I don't think I would have been booing him, not even after his sack.  .....wouldn't have been cheering him after it, that's for sure, but also not booing.  I guess that might just be me, though, I shouldn't assume that the Iggles fans will behave in the same...fashion.   Cheesy

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 07:56:08 am »

I'm not mad at Jason Taylor and look forward to when he retires a Dolphin, but I would have booed him Monday just for playing for the Jets. Given this thought process, and the fact they booed freaking Santa Claus, Philly will no doubt boo his butt!! 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 09:31:22 am »

Philly boos everyone and they never really seemed to have a connection with him. Like Philly said he has been booed by people in the city since the day he was drafted. Nothing will change.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:34 am »

Hey guys, do me a favor... when you all say Philly has no intelligence", make sure to specify "THE CITY OF PHILLY" , not the poster known as Philly! I'm starting to feel insulted!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 07:44:11 pm »

Philly has no common sense.  Philly boos Santa.  Philly sucks.

Wink Tongue
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 08:08:25 pm »

Jaws seems to think he won't get booed. 

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »