Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:21:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans  (Read 42152 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 03:18:02 pm »

Unbelievable. i have no idea what to expect from this team anymore. Is this a move by Sparano to protect his buddy Henning?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 03:19:02 pm »

Is this a move by Sparano to protect his buddy Henning?
YES
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 03:24:28 pm »

the coaches see these guys every day in practice since the beginning of training camp. the message is pretty clear, we have seen all we need to see with henne and he is not the long term answer.

obviously they think that pennington gives them a better chance to win now, and will either draft a qb high in the draft next year or they see something in thigpen to use this as a bridge until he is ready to take over.
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 03:27:01 pm »

c-ya        Cry Cry

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 03:35:16 pm »

Well genius, pennington was listed in the second box wasn't he.  Do you  know why he was?  Because he didn't have enough snaps to have any sort of sample size to judge him vs. other qbs. 
And why was that?  Was it perhaps because he was HURT?  You realize of course that they ALLOW contact in the NFL right?  Yep.  Honestly.  You can look it up.  Chad's had a career of injuries, but that's probably just an anomoly too.  I'm sure he'll be fine this year as long as we play teams with no pass rush like we did in 2008.

Thanks for pointing out ANOTHER reason not to want him as our starting QB.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:14:37 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 04:03:42 pm »

Adjusted for defenses = Roll Eyes

NOT adjusted for defenses = Roll Eyes

Passer rating already takes yards per attempt, touchdowns, and interceptions into account. Maybe you feel we should return to raw yards as the yardstick by which we measure the skill of quarterbacks?
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »

I saw the headline and thought it was a very late April Fool's joke.  This is HORRIBLE move on every level.

I am literally speechless about this idiocy.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 05:13:39 pm »

I think Mike O was on to something as it appears Sparano is on his way out. There is no other reason to make this move as it is a short term fix ... if it was to even work.  Huh

Time to start a new thread ... Who will be the new Dolphins head coach?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

other than the fact that pennington gives the team the best chance to win right now, and henne is just another in a long list of qb's that couldn't make it as an nfl starter.
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:42 pm »

Jay Fiedler, Damon Huard, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, AJ Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Pennington & Chad Henne.

The next one will be 15.  

I always forget about the header!!

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 05:43:02 pm »

Sparano is trying to SAVE HIS JOB with this move.

Too late, he is toast. He knows it. That is the ONLY reason you make a move like this. To try and save your own ass.

As I said on Sunday, he has nobody left to fire. He has to fall on the sword now for the teams failures. The NFL is a business, and Sparano isn't putting out any results in 3 years. Time for him to go!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 05:44:43 pm »

I think Mike O was on to something as it appears Sparano is on his way out. There is no other reason to make this move as it is a short term fix ... if it was to even work.  Huh

Time to start a new thread ... Who will be the new Dolphins head coach?

Thank you. Someone giving me credit.
Steven Ross isn't in the business of keeping nice guys aroudn for the heck of it. He spent $1 billion on this team. Parcells bailed on him mid-season for no reason. You have a GM who is asking players if there mothers are "hookers". You go give out HUGE contracts to Dansby, Bess, Marshall, Carey, .....and the team is no better record wise. They haven't beaten a good team in a caldender year...........TIME FOR TONY TO GET FIRED!!!

RESULTS MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »

not sure why people don't also consider that henne is not the long term answer either?

they are just saying that henne isn't any good, unlikely to develop any further, pennington at this point is better, and that either they think thigpen is going to be the future or they will draft one next year.

sparano is also pretty much a players guy. he loyally stands behind the players no matter what, just look at the whole crowder fiasco, and maybe this is the locker room saying that they feel pennington is better too.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 05:54:11 pm »

Henne has hardly had 20 starts and they gave up on him. Time to FIRE everyone!!

Did the Jets give up on Sanchez through all his struggles? Of course not, let the guy work through it. Ireland and Sparano are done. They sealed their fate today. Clueless....they are clueless
tepop
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

Henne has hardly had 20 starts and they gave up on him. Time to FIRE everyone!!

Did the Jets give up on Sanchez through all his struggles? Of course not, let the guy work through it. Ireland and Sparano are done. They sealed their fate today. Clueless....they are clueless
He was a 4 year college starter and 20 starts in the nfl, he isn't going to develop much more.  He is too stupid to read defenses.  Why waste 8 games trying to develop something that has a ceiling of brian griese.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray