Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 05:25:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans  (Read 43577 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:12 pm »

He was a 4 year college starter and 20 starts in the nfl, he isn't going to develop much more.  He is too stupid to read defenses.  Why waste 8 games trying to develop something that has a ceiling of brian griese.

Oh please. GIVE ME A BREAK!! The 8 games don't mean nothing anyway, Miami is pretty much eliminated from the playoffs this year, why not play Henne and see what he does see if he improves. Now you draft QB's and only give them 18 or 19 starts to see if they can play? That is the dumbest logic ever.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »

the coaches see these guys every day in practice since the beginning of training camp, and obviously see more than any couch potato fan sees on sundays.

some might see it as giving up early, another way to look at it might be just recognizing a mistake as early as possible.
tepop
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2010, 06:02:59 pm »

the coaches see these guys every day in practice since the beginning of training camp, and obviously see more than any couch potato fan sees on sundays.

some might see it as giving up early, another way to look at it might be just recognizing a mistake as early as possible.

I don't think they recognized it early enough.  He was shit in preseason and every game he started.  We pretty much wasted this whole season on him.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2010, 06:03:53 pm »

Parcells bailed on him mid-season for no reason.

I keep pointing out that Parcells stepped down before the regular season.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:00 pm »

Why let facts get in the way....

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »

I have heard this a million times. Coaches are idiots too! And some mistakes are "unforgivable" this would be one. So, if they made a mistake, that is a fatal one that will cost them their jobs
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2010, 06:10:55 pm »

Oh please. You wanna play semantics on what day was his last day, go ahead. He was at training camp EVERY DAY. He was at EVERY preseason game. He was with the team in September when the season opened.  He bailed on them and left the facility during the season.

You can spin that anyway you want, he quit! He could have waited out the year and not announce he was leaving. But he wanted the attention and the spotlight so he did it and made it public to distance himself from this disaster
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2010, 06:19:47 pm »

not sure why people are so up in arms about benching henne? i mean if he was lighting things up, but the team was 4-4, and they switch to pennington, you scratch your head on that.

this guy at best has been mediocre so far. kinda meh... all they are saying is we've seen this guy in practice since april, and newsflash, he aint gonna get any better than what you have right now. he's not terrible, but just nothing more than a serviceable game manager on his best day.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 06:25:37 pm »

He was at training camp EVERY DAY. He was at EVERY preseason game. He was with the team in September when the season opened. 

I heard in a song once "2 out of 3 ain't bad". He stepped down into a consultant role before the season began. I can't find evidence anymore but I thought I had read once that he wasn't even attnding games during this season.

That is all I'm going to say on this in order to try and keep this on topic I'll go to the Pennington situation. I agree this looks like a move from Sporano to save his job. I've thought all along that the problem had been play calling because end zone cameras have shown Henne observing the field more than last year. I'm a bit skeptical of what this means for our future. I worry that Henne isn't going to shake this out of his head and I know Pennington isn't a long term answer. That leaves Thigpen as the big unknown. I'm really tired of the QC carousel.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »

not sure why people are so up in arms about benching henne? i mean if he was lighting things up, but the team was 4-4, and they switch to pennington, you scratch your head on that.

this guy at best has been mediocre so far. kinda meh... all they are saying is we've seen this guy in practice since april, and newsflash, he aint gonna get any better than what you have right now. he's not terrible, but just nothing more than a serviceable game manager on his best day.

1) Because its not his fault we are 4-4

2) You don't give up on YOUNG QB's so quickly. Especially when they aren't playing that bad in reality. It is an idiot move by this organization
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2010, 07:35:00 pm »

Especially since Henne's 4 losses are to the consensus top 4 teams in the league.

Pennington doesn't give this team a better chance to beat anybody.  He certainly would have had zero chance to beat the 4 teams Henne lost to.  This move makes no sense whatsoever.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2010, 11:34:57 pm »

What did Henne do to deserve to be benched?   And don't sell me numbers that can be affected by conservative play-calling like yards per completion. 

63.5% passing completion puts him 9th in the league, ahead of Rodgers, Favre, Flacco, McNabb, Vick...  Sanchez is dead last with 53.5% and he's not getting benched.

What did he do to deserve getting benched?
tepop
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:28 pm »

lol @ using completion percentage to compare qbs.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2010, 11:44:29 pm »

lol @ using completion percentage to compare qbs.

Yeah, how dare you use a perfectly valid stat that does not support tepop's blind hatred of Henne?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »

i'd say touchdowns...

most disturbing is td to int ratio. now some of those int's aren't totally his fault, but when you throw so few td's man that looks bad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray