Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:22:06 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans  (Read 43589 times)
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »

Well the decision has been made and we will have to live with whatever Pennington gives us. I can't say that I don't understand the decision. While Henne hasn't been bad, he hasn't been good either. I do however think that Thigpen should have been given a chance instead of Pennington. We really haven't seen what he has to offer in a game situation, except for garbage time. And he didn't look all that bad vs Pitt last year. Thigpen may just be a diamond in the rough that we need. We know what Pennington has to offer, we know what Henne has to offer at this point in his career but we don't know what Thiggy has to offer in real game situations at the present time. Am I the only one that sees anything in him. Maybe the Makers Mark is starting to affect my judgment these days, ha ha.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2010, 03:22:50 pm »

Maybe the Makers Mark is starting to affect my judgment these days, ha ha.

Nice. I'm a Maker's guy myself. A friend actually signed me up as an ambassador. They send me little things every year for Christmas.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2010, 03:35:03 pm »

We know what Pennington has to offer, we know what Henne has to offer at this point in his career but we don't know what Thiggy has to offer in real game situations at the present time.
Thigpen has about as much starting experience as Henne, granted not for Miami, but they know what Thiggy has to offer too.  He's rough around the edges just like Henne is.  Sparano chose Pennington because of his polish, not because of his play making ability.  He's hoping that Pennington can put the ball in the hands of the receivers and THEY will make the plays.  Frankly I think that's asking a lot of your receivers against good defensive teams.  That works against the dregs of the NFL, which is what Miami will be facing much of in the 2nd half of the season.  Will it work against Tennessee?  That remains to be seen.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2010, 03:57:11 pm »

Nice. I'm a Maker's guy myself. A friend actually signed me up as an ambassador. They send me little things every year for Christmas.

Yea, me too but I keep hoping that they will just send free product instead of wrapping paper and "to and from" gift tags, ha ha ha.

Thigpen has about as much starting experience as Henne, granted not for Miami, but they know what Thiggy has to offer too.  He's rough around the edges just like Henne is.  Sparano chose Pennington because of his polish, not because of his play making ability.  He's hoping that Pennington can put the ball in the hands of the receivers and THEY will make the plays.  Frankly I think that's asking a lot of your receivers against good defensive teams.  That works against the dregs of the NFL, which is what Miami will be facing much of in the 2nd half of the season.  Will it work against Tennessee?  That remains to be seen.

While I do see what you are saying about having the same starting experience as Henne. That was a couple years ago and with a different team. I guess what I should have said is that we don't know what Thigpen has to offer right now with the Dolphins. He may be the missing piece of the puzzle that we need or he may not be, but we will never know without throwing him in there and finding out. Like it or not, we know what Henne has done so far and he has been benched. I think we all know what Pennington can and can't do. The only current unknown variable with the Dolphins as far as QB's go is Thigpen. Hell we even know what Pat White couldn't and couldn't do more than Thigpen, ha ha. Shit if it were me and I was gonna bench Henne, I would throw Thigpen out there for a couple games and give him a test drive. Hell, he's gettin' paid, might as well see if the wheels are gonna fly off....................

BTW pappy, I could be crazy but I thought that I remember you saying that you would rather see Thigpen start than Pennington, earlier in the thread Huh
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:59:15 pm by badger6 » Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2010, 04:23:18 pm »

While Henne hasn't been bad, he hasn't been good either.

EXACTLY.  Excellent point, sir.  Welcome to the boards.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2010, 04:33:50 pm »

EXACTLY.  Excellent point, sir.  Welcome to the boards.

Thanks for the welcome Maine. Been lurking around over a year but haven't posted too much. I tend to get quiet and sulk when the phins suck but the makers mark helps with that sometimes, ha ha. Unless you wanna get a chatbox around here for me to take my aggressions out on that tepop character in real time, LMFAO.............
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2010, 05:20:52 pm »

Pennington will be fine.  Unlike MikeO, who always seems to be running around screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling", I like to actually see things play out before I declare failure. 

Some of us can see the sky falling miles away (me). Some of us (you) wait for it to hit ya in the head and then act all surprised!

I only yell the sky is falling, when the sky is actually falling!!!!!!!!! You just choose to ignore when I post positive things about players or the team. You like to harp on the negative
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »

BTW pappy, I could be crazy but I thought that I remember you saying that you would rather see Thigpen start than Pennington, earlier in the thread Huh
I would, but I'd rather see Henne start than either Pennington or Thigpen.  The reason being is that Thigpen is still fairly young and could blossom into a great QB, he HAS a future.  Pennington is on his last legs and his last shoulder surgery.  He has NO future.

I don't give a damn about winning in the short term.  I care about the BIG picture.  We are not winning the SB this year no matter who you put at QB, so why bother with someone who has no future?  We need to find out THIS year who our QB is gonna be NEXT year.  It's NOT Pennington.  If it's not Henne then give Thigpen a shot, but I still believe it's Henne.

I would agree with you about throwing Thigpen out there if the reason was that Henne clearly wasn't the future.  We don't know that.  Sparano isn't saying that HE knows that.  He's saying he wants a spark.  Let's be honest, he's HOPING that Pennington can do something.  He doesn't think Henne has no future he just doesn't think he can win the next game and that's ALL that Sparano is concerned with.  I'm not.  I'm not concerned with the next game or the rest of this year.  I'm about building this team into a championship caliber football team and Pennington isn't the QB of that team.  Maybe Henne isn't either, but we need to find out.  We haven't found out yet.  Give him the rest of this year and if he doesn't get it done, THEN he'll have had his chance and start looking for a QB.  Right now he's 4-4 against a brutal schedule.  Let's see if Henne can get us to 10-6.  We don't know that he will, but we don't know that he won't based on his performace so far.  He deserves a shot.  If he get's us to 10-6 I think he'll have earned at least a shot next year.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 05:49:42 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2010, 05:37:53 pm »

Exactly when did MikeO and tepop become the same person?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2010, 05:48:57 pm »

Exactly when did MikeO and tepop become the same person?

Isn't MikeO kind of the "missing" component to Tepop? Together they are negative about EVERYTHING relating to the Dolphins.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2010, 05:56:22 pm »

I would, but I'd rather see Henne start than either Pennington or Thigpen. 

I guess neither of us is gonna get what we want  Shocked !!! Actually, I'm kind of indifferent on Henne starting. He hasn't looked all that great to me but he has been OK I guess. I can't say that he shouldn't start.  If he starts, so be it. My pushing for Thigpen starting the next couple games is predicated on the fact that Henne is benched and not playing.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 05:58:40 pm by badger6 » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2010, 07:10:11 pm »

Isn't MikeO kind of the "missing" component to Tepop? Together they are negative about EVERYTHING relating to the Dolphins.

How am I negative about everything? I praise Henne. I praise Dansby. I praise Marshall!

But the guys who suck, like Sean Smith, Jason Allen, and our coaches and front office I will rip them.

Like I said, you CHOOSE to ignore my positive posts. And only harp on the negative ones. That is an issue YOU need to deal with. Not me. I am pleanty positive about the things that are to be positive about. You just choose not to respond to those posts and continue those dicussions.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2010, 04:15:46 am »

How am I negative about everything?

Reading comprehension check: I said you and Tepop COMBINED are negative about everything. You each have a few things you are positive about, but there doesn't seem to be much (if any) overlap.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 08:59:09 am »

Firstly, this is the first time I have commented on any of your posts.  Secondly, because of people like you, I find that I don't post in the Dolphins formum much at all.  Thirdly, you saying this...

You like to harp on the negative

...is like a severely obese man with a Big Mac in his hand telling a marathon runner that he needs to lose weight.

Me = objective, reasonable, positive.
You = irrational, overreacting, negative.

If Miami goes left, in your world, it should have been right.  Up should have been down.  If Miami were to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl you would harp on the one game in week 7 were they needed a last minute field goal to win.

People like you?  There is no pleasing. 

I believe you would be most comfortable in the anti-Fins section.  Because, after all, you are clearly a troll.

That is all.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2010, 12:38:35 pm »

I believe you would be most comfortable in the anti-Fins section.  Because, after all, you are clearly a troll.

That is all.

Sorry but this made me literally laugh out loud!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray