Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 05:32:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Henne will be back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Henne will be back  (Read 5028 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:06:07 am »

I think its only a matter of time before Henne gets his job back.  There's no way this move is long term.
tepop
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:48:11 am »

QBs who are too stupid to read a defense don't make it very far in the league.  Henne is done. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 11:31:48 am »

QBs who are too stupid to read a defense don't make it very far in the league.  Henne is done. 
And QB's who've had 3 shoulder surgeries don't make it very far either.  Henne will be back.  Let just hope it's sooner rather than later.  I like Pennington and I would never wish injury on anyone unless maybe it was just something not too bad, like maybe a hammy or something Smiley

Even Pennington knows this wasn't the right move.  He said he'd been benched before when it wasn't his fault and knows how that feels.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:55:24 am »

Even Pennington knows this wasn't the right move.  He said he'd been benched before when it wasn't his fault and knows how that feels.

When I read this .....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/sfl-dolphins-quarterback-change-henne-111010,0,246252.story

I thought wow, Pennington doesn't agree with the benching and he is a real class act and super professional.

Pennington isn't a great QB.  But he is HOF level person.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:01:51 pm »

^^ Absolutely agree and that's why I love Penny so much.  This isn't Penny's fault.  I'm not blaming him and I really don't want him to fail and it's not about his talent, this just wasn't the right thing to do.  Consider the following:

On Tuesday, Sparano benched a quarterback who just lost a game to Baltimore and replaced him with a quarterback who lost two games to Baltimore in 2008.

Henne just had his worst game of the season by throwing three interceptions against the Ravens. So now the Dolphins go with Pennington, who threw four interceptions the last time he played against the Ravens.

tepop
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:02 pm »

^^ Absolutely agree and that's why I love Penny so much.  This isn't Penny's fault.  I'm not blaming him and I really don't want him to fail and it's not about his talent, this just wasn't the right thing to do.  Consider the following:

On Tuesday, Sparano benched a quarterback who just lost a game to Baltimore and replaced him with a quarterback who lost two games to Baltimore in 2008.

Henne just had his worst game of the season by throwing three interceptions against the Ravens. So now the Dolphins go with Pennington, who threw four interceptions the last time he played against the Ravens.

I love how the Henne lovers all point to 2008 when it is convenient for them.  How about the dolphins took out a qb who has thrown 11 interceptions in 8 games, and replaced him with a qb who threw 7 int in 16 games in 2008. 

Henne has only himself to blame.  I know the entire fanbase doesn't want to admit they were wrong with henne, but he isn't very good.  They added a premier wr this offseason and henne still sucks. 

And what do you want Pennington to say to his friend.  "Yea you really aren't very good.  Sorry to have to break it to you." 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 12:13:56 pm »

I love how the Henne lovers all point to 2008 when it is convenient for them.
YOU'RE the one that is making out Pennington to be the gifted one in 2008.  I have said all along that what Pennington did in 2008, he did against inferior competition.  My points above are completely consistent with what I have been saying all along.  It's YOU who points to 2008 when it's convenient.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:17:12 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

tepop
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 12:15:55 pm »

YOU'RE the one that is making out Pennington to be the gifted one in 2008.  I have said all along that what Pennington did, he did against inferior competition.  My points above are completely consistent with what I have been saying all along.  It's YOU who points to 2008 when it's convenient.
He did it with an inferior offense.  That Baltimore game you talk so much about, do you know who the receivers were for that game? 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 12:20:07 pm »

He did it with an inferior offense.  That Baltimore game you talk so much about, do you know who the receivers were for that game? 
Changing arguments again are we?  Oh I see, when Pennington DOESN'T perform it's because he doesn't have the weapons.

Let's see here's your arguments.

1)  Pennington had a great DVOA in 2008
2)  Pennington was HURT when he DIDN'T have great DVOA's.
3)  Pennington had crummy WR's when he DIDN'T perform in 2008.

You want to pick an argument please?  I'm getting dizzy.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 12:20:59 pm »

And what do you want Pennington to say to his friend.  "Yea you really aren't very good.  Sorry to have to break it to you." 

This the first time I have ever heard a player say it was a mistake to bench someone an put them in instead.  A more typical response would have been, "I appreciate the confidence coaches have in me and hope to go out there and prove them right in this decision."  There is plenty of things Pennington could have said that is short of "Henne sucks" while promoting the idea he is better than Henne and that the coaches are making the right choice by putting him into the game.  

Bledsoe was not one-one hundredth the professional Pennington is.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
tepop
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 12:22:14 pm »

Since you don't want to discuss it.  His receivers for the game - Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess (as a rookie), and Brandon London!  Talk about some number 1 receivers.  He still threw for 252 yards.  

Compared to Henne, who threw for only 231 yards with Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess (3rd year and good), and Brian Hartline.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 12:25:29 pm »

Yeah, he'll be back but at what cost??  I wouldn't mind if they pulled him in the middle of a bad game but this makes no sense.  Seems to me this is the answer to Marshall calling out the coaches.  They throw Pennington in there hoping he has a good game and they win, then they can say "see it wasn't the coaches fault, it was Henne".
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 12:32:11 pm »

Since you don't want to discuss it.  His receivers for the game - Ted Ginn Jr, Davone Bess (as a rookie), and Brandon London!  Talk about some number 1 receivers.  He still threw for 252 yards.  
Not that it matters but Pennington's leading receivers that day were Ronnie Brown and Patrick Cobbs.  Every time he threw a pass more than 10 yards it was picked off.  It would'nt have mattered if he was throwing to Randy Moss, Jerry Rice and Wes Welker.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 03:39:07 pm »

I think the WORST thing about benching Henne at this time is that you're basically telling him (even more than you were already) that he CANNOT under any circumstances throw interceptions. Is that what you really want at this stage of development? Instill doubt in your quarterback and not let him air it out? This is a bad, bad coaching decision.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »

I think the WORST thing about benching Henne at this time is that you're basically telling him (even more than you were already) that he CANNOT under any circumstances throw interceptions. Is that what you really want at this stage of development? Instill doubt in your quarterback and not let him air it out? This is a bad, bad coaching decision.
Oh trust me, that didn't change one bit after those 3 picks, THAT is what Sparano has been preaching to Henne since he showed up in Miami.  He lets him know after every last pick and I think it's probably one of the reasons that Henne is afraid to throw down the field.  The problem is that same guy is asking him to throw down the field to get back into the game in the 4th quarter when they're down by a TD or more.  Sparano has mishandled Henne from the beginning.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray