Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 05:23:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Henne will be back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Henne will be back  (Read 5024 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »

Oh trust me, that didn't change one bit after those 3 picks, THAT is what Sparano has been preaching to Henne since he showed up in Miami.  He lets him know after every last pick and I think it's probably one of the reasons that Henne is afraid to throw down the field.  The problem is that same guy is asking him to throw down the field to get back into the game in the 4th quarter when they're down by a TD or more.  Sparano has mishandled Henne from the beginning.

The thing is... not all picks are created equal. Sometimes receivers run bad routes or just plain GIVE the ball away. Other times the quarterback misreads the defense. Other times he tries to force one in there. Other times he's hit as he throws / ball is tipped. Plenty of reasons and each needs to be addressed individually. Anything else is dumb.

Regardless, you can't have a quarterback who plays scared. That just doesn't work.

I'm beginning to think, regardless of what happens the rest of this season, that we really need to bring in someone who can "handle" quarterbacks. Someone who can maximize their potential. I don't see us having that on staff right now (unless it's Pennington, which is hard to know for sure).
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 06:25:21 pm »

Regardless, you can't have a quarterback who plays scared. That just doesn't work.
Agreed.  So the 10 million dollar question is is he scared because that's what he is or is he scared because Sparano has preached ball security from day 1.  In my opinion Sparano hasn't yet given Henne the keys to the kingdom and told him to cut it loose, interceptions be damned and I don't think Sparano is going to do that.  He'd rather have Pennington.  Pennington is safe.  Safe and boring.  Safe works to get you TO the playoffs.  If you want to make it to the SuperBowl you need daring.  You need to take chances.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Landshark
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:26 am »

I believe Henne will be the starting QB next year..... and Dan Henning and possibly Tony Sparano will be looking for new jobs.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:26 pm »

I believe Henne will be the starting QB next year..... and Dan Henning and possibly Tony Sparano will be looking for new jobs.

Thats where I stand. Henne will be the starter in Miami next year. Thigpen and Pennington will both be gon e as both are FREE AGENTS at seasons end. And Sparano and Henning will both be fired as well after we fail to make the playoffs in year 3 of this regime.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray