Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 12:14:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  People I hate.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: People I hate.  (Read 12397 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 01:02:01 pm »

The french got overwhelmed in WWII by a vastly superior german army.  It was the British and Neville Chamberlain that had no spine, it was not the french that were pushing for the appeasement of Hitler.  The French miscalculated and were prepared for trench warfare, not tanks.

The French were right to oppose the invasion of Iraq.  Folks seem unwilling to accept this. 

Well the question becomes did they not really believe that Iraq had WMD's or did they just not think there was enough evidence of them for the US to act on it yet.  I tend to think it was the latter and in hindsight, they probably were right to want a little more evidence.  It's been suggested that Saddam wanted us to believe he had WMD's when in fact he didn't.  That doesn't necessarily mean we fabricated the whole thing, just that we should have been more diligent about using facts rather than speculation.

And the attitude that the French lacked a backbone goes back far further than Iraq, it goes all the way back to World War II, it was just rekindled with Iraq.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Landshark
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 01:02:37 pm »

I think you are expecting too much.  Keep in mind that for the most part the top high school students don't attend GCCC.  They go straight to a four year college, the ones that are not prepared to handle a "real" college default to your school.  I am not saying you must lower your standards for grading, but don't hate the mediocre students because they are mediocre.  If they had the skill set to get into Harvard they would not be in your classroom.  But also keep in mind you are teaching business, not grammar.  You should not hold back a student who learns the concepts of your class (business) but arrived having lacked something else (grammar).  The purpose of your college is to give not so great students a second chance, don't hate them for not being top students.  Top students is NOT your customer base.   

The problem is, a lot of my students DO have the skill to excel in school.  They just don't have the will.  They think mom and dad or someone else will take care of everything for them.  Hence, I wrote what I did.  
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 01:59:07 pm »

1. Marine Patrol

Sorry to derail, but you mentioned in another thread that you were into boating. What do you have?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »

The French were right to oppose the invasion of Iraq.  Folks seem unwilling to accept this. 
Which we couldn't have possibly known prior to the invasion of Iraq.  Had we found WMD's and destroyed them, they would have looked like fools.  So while I'm happy that it worked out like they thought it would, you also have to realize that we would have been taking a big chance if we did nothing. The fact that they were right doesn't change the fact that we wouldn't have known they were right unless we went in and made sure of it.  I respected their position at the time, but I don't disagree with our actions, not then and not now.  I don't have a problem with the French, but we all need to realize that it's because of the US' actions that we know they were right.  

TLDR: It's better to have gone in and been wrong, then not to have gone in and been right.  Don't you agree?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 02:21:42 pm »

TLDR: It's better to have gone in and been wrong, then not to have gone in and been right.  Don't you agree?

Not at all.  The US didn't misinterpret intelligence data.  The US made blatant fabrications and lied to UN.  The US falsified evidence to make their case that there was WMD.  This is no different than Gleiwitz incident and Operation Himmler.

Landshark
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 02:53:20 pm »

Sorry to derail, but you mentioned in another thread that you were into boating. What do you have?

I own a 35 foot sloop that I sail down to the Keys in quite often when school is out.  I especially love going down during lobster season.  However, the reason why I dislike the Marine Patrol is because for some reason, they always select my boat to search. 
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 02:59:56 pm »

I base most of my dislikes on sheer annoyance factor.

LOL I am glad to see that I have everyone talking about my dislike of the French. Generally every French person I have ever met has really annoyed the piss out of me. Because of this I have no desire to ever visit France and like Stroke said they do seem to lack any spinal fortitude. Hoodie I don't even know what the hell you are talking about but you are way off base on your assessment of my dislike for the French but you get a gold star on your efforts my friend.

I got to ask. I understand most people's response whether I agree or not but Tim McGraw? I don't get it. 

Again this is more of an annoyance than anything. I used to like Tim but I can not think of one song he has made in the last 10 years that has not just bugged the ever living shit out of me. I like Country music.....well I like anything pre 2000 that was country. Todays Country is really just Pop anymore. I am more into the 60's-80's country but in his early years Tim had some good songs. Now I can not seem to escape his trash and he is always on the radio out here. I am glad I have XM but when I am unable to listen to it, it seems his trash is always on the radio.

Because Az lives in the desert,and doesn't care where the green grass grows...He doesn't like it, he doesn't love it,and doesn't want more of it.... Grin Cheesy

That was pretty good B made me chuckle.  Grin

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 03:08:10 pm »

I'd like to add someone to my hate list:

Paris Hilton
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 03:11:42 pm »

I'll add Tim Mcgraw. True his music did decline and I feel it was a result of the reason I hate him, taking Faith Hill off the market.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:00 pm »

I'd like to add someone to my hate list:

Paris Hilton

+1 for me as well.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 03:19:28 pm »

Not at all.  The US didn't misinterpret intelligence data.  The US made blatant fabrications and lied to UN.  The US falsified evidence to make their case that there was WMD.
Because they believed less reliable intelligence that there were WMD's.  Saddam wanted his enemies to believe he had WMD's and he believed the US wouldn't attack without positive physical evidence which he knew they would never get because they didn't exist.  Saddam could have simply let investigators do their job unimpeded and they would have known for sure that Saddam didn't have WMD's, but he didn't.  Why?  He bluffed.  Pure and simple.  What he didn't figure was that Bush would call him on his bluff.  He figured Bush would fold without UN backing.

So you would rather still have Saddam in Iraq with the threat of WMD's still in play not knowing whether he could start a nuclear war at any moment?  I don't think even the French would rather have that.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »

I own a 35 foot sloop that I sail down to the Keys in quite often when school is out.  I especially love going down during lobster season.  However, the reason why I dislike the Marine Patrol is because for some reason, they always select my boat to search. 
Hahaha, are you a shady character?
BTW- 35 foot sloop sounds sweet. And sailing it in the Keys? You have the life! Any pics?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
BoSoxGrl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Yes, It's real.

479075719 BoSoxGrl577 BoSoxGrl577
Email
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:38 pm »

Everyone equally. Smiley

Hey, Any team can have a bad century.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »

Because they believed less reliable intelligence that there were WMD's.  

They didn't just believe less than reliable intelligence...they actually fabricated data. 

bsfins
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:57 pm »

Pappy,and Hoodie, Please stop arguing politics stuff in this thread...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray