Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 05:25:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Shaving Cream/Gel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shaving Cream/Gel  (Read 1726 times)
bsfins
« on: December 03, 2010, 11:45:56 am »

Since I've been 16 or 17 up till about year and a half ago...I used Edge sensitive shaving gel,a few years ago they came out with like an ultra sensitive version.A friend of mine recommended Niva after shave balm,(I think someone on the board here mentioned it in our last shaving thread),No alcohol,leaves you skin feeling soft,etc,etc...I started using it...Then I switched to their shaving gel too...

The gel itself seemed to work well,my biggest complaint is the can....It hits a point,where the can feels empty,and there is almost no pressure pushing the gel out...So I'd buy another can thinking I'm out,but I end up using it like another 4 or 5 shaves most of the time...This morning,I figured I had another 2-3 shaves in this can...It stopped...I couldn't shave my knuckles with little dribble that came out of the can....

I had to use my Edge emergency can.....I realized how much I like the Nivia gel,the Edge gel was like teflon,the razor slid across my face,but there still felt like there was shaving cream on my face....Yuck...

What do you use/like the best? Plus' and minus' of what you use?
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:01:15 pm »

gel is way less irritating for me

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 12:11:42 pm »

Not really that picky on the brand.  The current bottle is Gillette foamy. I think before that was a bottle of Barbasal or CVS brand.  I do  prefer the ones that smell "lemon-lime" over other "flavors."   When I travel I just lather up normal bar soap.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 01:20:21 pm »

A slab of bacon grease and a butter knife is all I need to keep my mug as smooth as a baby's butt... Only downside is random strangers want to nibble on my ears during the day.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »

I don't use gel or cream. I wash my face with soap and hot water in the shower so the skin is soft, then shave before I dry off before my face has a chance to dry. Works like a charm, done it that way for years.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

I do that in a pinch but it isn't something I like to do. I've got sensitive skin!  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 07:10:00 pm »

The skin on my face and neck is like leather. lol

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Lee
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 06:14:59 am »

I like the Gillette gel, but also use your Edge pro gel too... it all depends on if I shop at costco or sam's club :-)

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 08:11:38 pm »

I used to do the whole Edge Gel and Gillette.  But I found that just plain old 0.99 Barbasol works better on my face. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 03:19:46 am »

I use gel, as well.  I think it's Edge. (the orange and black can)  I find that it works better if you use less of it.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray