Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:27:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins to practice in New York on Friday thanks to Giants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins to practice in New York on Friday thanks to Giants  (Read 6211 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 03:00:34 pm »

The Dolphins are flying up a day early to get ready for the weather...and then they are practicing in the Giants indoor practice facility. 
I don't think they are flying in early to get used to the weather.  Do you ever really get used to cold weather?  I think flying in a day early has more to do with limiting distractions.  Miami flew to Oakland a day early and I think Sparano thought it helped or maybe he's just superstitious and doesn't want to break the pattern.  It's gives Sparano one more day to get them all into a hotel room and away from the South Florida nightlife for a night.  I think that's the biggest thing.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 03:01:02 pm »

I was just looking at the Gang Green forum to get a sense of how the Jets fans are feeling.

Wow.....talk about negative.  You would think they were 3 - 9 instead of 9 - 3.  I understand that was a nasty whipping they took on MNF, but the knee-jerk reaction is amazing.  Some fans don't expect them to win another game.  I believe the Jets are a bit overrated, but I still consider them among the best teams in the NFL. 

I think it is part of Jet history.  '08 they were 8-3 and ended the season 9-7.  They have done similar many times over the past 4 decades.  Every Jets fan knows if there is one franchise in the NFL that could start the season 9-2 and then miss playoffs -- its the Jets.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:01 pm »

Do you ever really get used to cold weather?  

Absolutely.  Just like you can get use to hot weather.

That's why in Miami when it is 63 degrees in January and the natives are bundled up but the tourist who flew down from -3  degree weather are wearing shorts.  The bodies are accumulated to different temps.

Or in late Sept when the tourists are complain it is unbearably hot the natives are calling it a relieving cool spell.

The coldest I have ever been was scraping ice off the car at the airport after returning from a week long vacation in Florida.  My body had gotten use to 90 instead of zero.  That was hardly the coldest night of the winter but it felt like it to me.  Within a week my body was to normal and I was X-C skiing the following weekend. 

Tough to get accumulated to the cold in just two days.  But I would try and do some of that.     

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 05:48:22 pm »

Do you ever really get used to cold weather?  

The Bills never would have been in four Super Bowls if they didn't have home field advantage in the playoffs.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 09:35:19 pm »

I really hope the Dolphins win and then the first thing he says in his post game presser is to thank Mara and the Giants for the use of the facilities and that he feels this contributed to the win.

I know several Jets fans whose heads would literally explode. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 10:06:00 pm »

They are not going a day early to get acclimated to weather.

They are going up there a day early to to see a Broadway play. 

How special. 

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross saw Mara at the premiere of the Broadway play "Lombardi" in late October and told him that he was thinking of taking his NFL team to the play before their game against the Jets. That's when he initially talked about using the Giants' facility.

Ross formally asked the Giants about a month ago for use their indoor facility for a Saturday walkthrough. A week later, the Dolphins asked to use the field both late Friday for a practice and Saturday for a walkthrough.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/40574309

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 11:25:19 pm »

The Bills never would have been in four Super Bowls if they didn't have home field advantage in the playoffs.
They did win 2 playoff games on the road in 1993.

TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 08:50:20 pm »

hey guys,

it's been 20 degrees here all week, all they have to do is shut the heat off.  also, the place has huge windows and garage doors, just open those suckers up and it will be frosty in 5 minutes!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 07:57:12 am »

as someone mentioned they flew in early to see the Lombardi broadway play. Ross wanted the team to see that.

I mean the season is over, why not have a little fun. Let the guys see New York City  during the HOLIDAY season. It is a site to behold.  Let them see a broadway play. Good job by Ross for doing this.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 01:11:57 pm »

They are promoting team unity.  They are not giving up.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 03:06:09 pm »

They are promoting team unity.  They are not giving up.

They gave up last week. That was obvious with that performance. They mailed the Cleveland game in.

But the trip to NYC early and broadway. Just a nice owner giving his team a little something. I got no problem with that.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 03:39:38 pm »

^ That's your opinion only.  Not mine.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 03:49:53 pm »

NE practiced outside yesterday to get ready for the anticipated cold weather in Chicago.  The Patriots have considerable more experience with cold weather games than the Dolphins.  The Dolphins flew up a day early to prance around NYC and see a Broadway show.  And with the rare opportunity to practice in the cold they passed.  They are mailing it in. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 03:55:16 pm »

^ That's your opinion only.  Not mine.

The scoreboard and lazy play and lack of effort backs up my stance.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 10:20:31 am »

Looks like the Giants will be able to come to the stadium to see us beat the Jets!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray