Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:46:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sal "Loser" Alosi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Sal "Loser" Alosi  (Read 25249 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »

nothing to see here folks, move along.

Sunday afternoon, Jets strength conditioning coach Sal Alosi in the New Meadowlands Stadium

Monday morning, ex-Jets strength conditioning coach out of a job....sweet

this was double-win Sunday for the Phins!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:49:02 pm »

He should be BANNED from the NFL for life. Never to work for any NFL team again.

And the Jets should lose a late round draft pick for this. The team must be responsible for their own sideline and when a coach/staff member interfers with the play on the field during the game, swift action must be taken.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 08:56:35 pm »

It will be very interesting to see what the NFL does about this.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them take no action.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »

He should be BANNED from the NFL for life. Never to work for any NFL team again.

And the Jets should lose a late round draft pick for this. The team must be responsible for their own sideline and when a coach/staff member interfers with the play on the field during the game, swift action must be taken.

While I would not mind seeing that.  I think it is a bit over the top. 

One or two game suspension plus a hefty fine ($15k -$25k). Which is the absolute maximum that would have occurred if he was a player instead of a coach.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:37 pm »

Well I think the Jets will fire him in all honesty tomorrow. I mean if they don't they will have the NFL breathing down their neck.

Then the NFL will throw some BS fine at the Jets.

And all will be forgotten by Wednesday
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 09:22:40 pm »

My guess is that he'll say he was bracing for protection and that no fine will be levied.

I drink your milkshake!
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

While I would not mind seeing that.  I think it is a bit over the top. 

One or two game suspension plus a hefty fine ($15k -$25k). Which is the absolute maximum that would have occurred if he was a player instead of a coach.   

they can't fine him that much, he will lose his house.  a 5 figure fine for a guy who probably only makes 5 is rough.  he should b e banned tho
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 09:23:53 pm »

My guess is that he'll say he was bracing for protection and that no fine will be levied.

Even on the JETS post game show they said the Jets should fire this guy.

I would be shocked if this guys is on the Jets sideline next week. IF he isn't fired by Tuesday I would also be surprised
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:26:09 pm »

Players are not held to the same standard as coaches.  Players are playing.

Players punch each other in football all the time, and at the absolute most, it merits a one-game suspension (usually far, far less than that).  Woody Hayes threw a punch at an opposing player and he was permanently out of a job.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 09:29:13 pm »

they can't fine him that much, he will lose his house.  a 5 figure fine for a guy who probably only makes 5 is rough.  he should b e banned tho

He should have thought about that before applying the hit.  I see banning a guy as worse than force him to give up a portion of his salary.  But if he would rather walk than have his salary docked, that's okay too.  I would not demand he fork over $20k in a check.  $500 per month until he paid it off would be a sufficient deterrent for future misbehavior by him or others.  

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 09:31:30 pm »

I dont think a fine will even occure. I think the JETS with all of their drama over the Edwards DUI and the female reporter being harrassed by the team, won't want the NFL down their neck once again this season. And they will fire this guy ASAP.

The NFL will throw some petty fine at the Jets and this will be over. And I find it hard to believe another NFL team will hire this guy after today. So, we will see but I do think the Jets will make this go away quick and NOT have it be a distraction
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »

when did the play occur??
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 09:35:29 pm »

After the game the Jets organization were saying no trip happened. Nothing happened.

Then when ESPN, NBC, CBS, FOX, and the NFL Network all were going nuts over it, they then changed their tune and said they will handle it. And the Jets PR guy was running around trying to find this Alosi character before he started talking to the press. And as he was about to give an interview (and probably come off like a jackass) the PR guy grabbed him and pulled him away.

The Jets are a a train-wreck right now. Total downard spiral.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 09:37:01 pm »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cdbb65/article/dolphins-call-for-league-to-investigate-alleged-tripping-incident

Stinger24

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 09:55:08 pm »

Absolutely unacceptable for a coach on any staff to behave that way. He should be immediately terminated if not it just shows how classless the Jets organization is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray