Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:38:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sal "Loser" Alosi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Sal "Loser" Alosi  (Read 25209 times)
Landshark
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »

I rememeber watching a similar incident on Not So Great Moments In Sports about the '54 Cotton Bowl.  Rice's Dick Meagle was headed for a TD when Alabama's Tommy Lewis leaped off the bench and tackled him.  Meagle was awarded the TD. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSteCSinjTs

That said, the '54 Cotton Bowl was a player vs player incident.  In this case, you have a coach tripping a player and hurting him.  That coach needs to be terminated immediately and permanently expelled from the league.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »

also in the NFL. com article

Outspoken Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder had his own take on the play. "I wish they would have tripped me. I would have broken his leg."

there goes ass-clown again, all talk, no action.  I wish his off the field comments would match his on the field play, we'd have all-pro LB playing the Phins.

take a lesson from Dansby there Chowder, let your play do the talking.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 10:10:14 pm »

also in the NFL. com article

Outspoken Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder had his own take on the play. "I wish they would have tripped me. I would have broken his leg."

there goes ass-clown again, all talk, no action.  I wish his off the field comments would match his on the field play, we'd have all-pro LB playing the Phins.

take a lesson from Dansby there Chowder, let your play do the talking.

He would fit in well with the Jets. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Stinger24

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 10:11:42 pm »

He would fit in well with the Jets. 

True
Orlando Rays

You can call me your fool...

orlandorays@live.com orlandorays@bellsouth.net A+Dog+of+Florida
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 10:36:43 pm »

You know, I had no idea the player that was tripped was Nolan Carroll.

As in, the son of our Lieutenant Governor-elect.

That douchebag is really barking up the wrong tree now.
habfan5150

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »

Not that this will justify his actions, but did you notice that Carroll was way out of bounds on the play ?
Orlando Rays

You can call me your fool...

orlandorays@live.com orlandorays@bellsouth.net A+Dog+of+Florida
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

It shouldn't matter. The fact of the matter is, a non-player of an NFL team tripped an opposing player intentionally. It doesn't matter where it happened.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 11:21:21 pm »

The guy apologized for the act, letting us know that it was intentional.  With this new news, I expect bad things for him.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 11:29:53 pm »

From his apology...

My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for.

Sal, you got that half right.  It was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike.  The second half of that statement is false. 

Stinger24

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 11:38:35 pm »

From his apology...

Sal, you got that half right.  It was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike.  The second half of that statement is false. 

Yes the second half is absolutely false
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 11:44:58 pm »

They are talking about it on the post game show on NBC right now.  They are saying there should be "serious action" taken, but not elaborating if they think it will mean fined, suspended or terminated.  I guess it will depend on if they find it was intentional.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 11:45:34 pm »

Not that this will justify his actions, but did you notice that Carroll was way out of bounds on the play ?
He was knocked out of bounds by the Jets players and was trying to get back onto the field when he was tripped.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »

They are talking about it on the post game show on NBC right now.  They are saying there should be "serious action" taken, but not elaborating if they think it will mean fined, suspended or terminated.  I guess it will depend on if they find it was intentional.

“I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for.   I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannebaum and Rex [Ryan.] I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.”

He admits it was intentional.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 01:20:37 am »

Further proof that the Jets are cheating scumbags.  This a-hole should be fired immediately, and Nolan Carroll should be allowed one tackle on him.  Without pads.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 09:09:18 am »

Can't even say that I was surprised that this doucher pulled a stunt like that.  The Jets organization and their fans have always been completely devoid of any class at all for as long as I can remember.  New Yorkers in general are barely literate, speak as if English is not their first language, and live their lives as greasy, shower-free, guidos.  So no big surprise when one of their staff does something like this.  Just serves as a nice reminder of why it is so fulfilling to hate the Jets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray