Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:38:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sal "Loser" Alosi
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Sal "Loser" Alosi  (Read 25238 times)
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 03:06:28 pm »

not sure that simply banishment from the sidelines is any type of punishment. it's probably just a perk he gets as being an employee of the club.

im for serious punishment, meaning the deduction of pay via a suspension. im not for firing though, or any type of life banishment from his profession.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 03:22:38 pm »

wow... ok so now i am watching the replays a day removed on nfl network.

the second guy in the line after alosi throws his shoulder as well. i still hate to think it, but the more and more i watch this, the more it looks like a pre-meditated "formation" and set of acts.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »

I just can't get that worked up over this.  He wasn't injured, the Dolphins won, and the Jets were shown as the classless frauds they are.  Doesn't get much better.

I understand what you are saying.  But even though he wasn't injured.  He could have been.  Let's say Carroll landed wrong after being tripped and blew out his knee and it ended his career.  This douchebag's actions were the same either way.  Just the outcome would have been different.  You have to remember that these guys put food on their table because of what they can accomplish with their bodies.  If something happens to them in the normal course of play, then that just kind of comes with the territory.  But when some clown who isn't even a player does something that could potentially end someone's career, then we are talking a totally different level of activity going on.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 03:27:10 pm »

^ If an injury would have occurred, my response would have been completely different.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »

Sal's Press conf:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/1213-Sal-Alosi-Press-Conference/1516c2ed-58d3-48da-818c-6dd0b43565fe

He doesn't say much.  But I don't think the Jets would have had him give it if they were planning to fire him.  Ball is in the leagues court now. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 03:37:30 pm »

^ If an injury would have occurred, my response would have been completely different.

yep, I understand that it would be.  But I guess what I was trying to get at is that Alosi committed the same act whether an injury resulted or not.  Kind of like if a person is driving drunk, it is still a serious issue whether someone was injured from it or not.  The act was still the same, just the consequences of that were different.  Uggg, I'm having trouble putting into words exactly what I mean. 
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 04:26:14 pm »

^ I feel you.  Just because no injury occurred, it does not make the act any less malicious.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:18 pm »

^ I feel you.  Just because no injury occurred, it does not make the act any less malicious.

I am not sure if drunk driving is a great analogy cause there you aren't trying to harm someone.  It is more negligent than intentional

This is more like murder vs. attempted murder.  Or kids throwing rocks trying to break a neighbors window and hitting the wall vs actually breaking the window. 

He did it on purpose.   

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 06:08:38 pm »

He did it on purpose, yes.  But I don't believe that it was premeditated.  I think that matters.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2010, 06:18:10 pm »

He did it on purpose, yes.  But I don't believe that it was premeditated.  I think that matters.

I dunno.  It might have premeditated.  It might even have been order from above. 

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 06:22:39 pm »

Someone else touched on this earlier in the thread. Look in the video. The guy next to Alosi sticks his shoulder out. Not to mention, not one of the guys were watching the Jets player with the ball. They were all looking at Nolan. I think they saw alot of punts, and decided to do it the next time a guy got close enough.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 06:33:07 pm »

If that can be proven that these were orders from above (which I highly doubt), then not only should this guy be fired, but those that gave the orders should be given the boot, as well, all the way up the ladder.

But, I don't think that will happen, and I don't think that this was pre-planned.  At this point, from the evidence we have, it seems like conspiracy theory to suggest anything else.  If new evidence comes forward, I'll re-evaluate.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 07:01:28 pm »

Sad Situation.  I'm sure he's remorseful, and doesn't need to be banned for life.  However, I think a suspension for the remainder of the season, and a fine against the Jets is needed.  This is the atmosphere that Rex Ryan brings to the Jets, he was probably high fiving him behind closed doors.  I blame Ryan more than Alosi.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 07:07:41 pm »

One thing that looks bad for the Jets is that this isn't isolated.  This particular incident with this guy is isolated, but the Jets have had quite a few distractions this year and a whole lot of inaction in dealing with it.

I think that they need to take action internally.  I agree with Dansby when he says that this rolls downhill.  I believe that is true.  If high leadership doesn't demand excellence and professionalism, low-level cronies will pick up on that and act accordingly.  In order to cut this out, they need to make a statement.

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2010, 07:14:36 pm »

People on fb are saying he is suspended for the rest of the season and fined 25K by the Jets organization.  I am fine with that.  I wonder if the NFL will do anything on top of that.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray