Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:24:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Coach Sparano Locker Room Speech 12/12/10
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Coach Sparano Locker Room Speech 12/12/10  (Read 2248 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 14, 2010, 07:55:14 am »

funny stuff

http://www.miamidolphins.com/video?bcpid=585645507001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAPLps31k~,TJzr-TEF9ZDBr32E7bGQERjsyfeFVgGP&bclid=260803762001&bctid=709314195001

I'd rather be lucky than good.
VegasATO

Dan The Man

m59cannon
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:17:29 pm »

I just don't find him inspiring at all.

...and when you say Miami, you're talking Super Bowl....
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:00:03 am »

It's the same lockeroom speech damn near every coach who's team just wins does every Sunday.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 11:20:27 am »

I love these speeches.

I drink your milkshake!
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:47:49 am »

I'll probably get hammered by several members here, but this doesn't look like a coach who has lost the respect of the players.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:58:37 am by Frimp » Logged

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:56:47 am »

I'll probably get hammered by several members here, but this doesn't look like a coach who has lost the respect of the players.

That's what I said!  He still has this locker room.  That's really important.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:09 pm »

That's what I said!  He still has this locker room.  That's really important.
I agree, but then again all the Dallas players were behind Wade Phillips right up to the very end or at least it appeared that way.  Then when he's gone, suddenly they started playing much better.  I think they had mentally tuned him out even if they weren't conciously aware of it.

I'm still on the fence about Sparano after wavering back and forth this year.  Like I said in another thread, if the Dolphins play solid in the next 2 games, I'll be fine with him coming back next year, but if they don't perform well, I think he has to go.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:46:48 pm »

The video proves nothing about the locker room.  They just won.  Over the Jets.  Of course they are gonna to be like that. 

Question is does he have the team when they are losing? 

Note: I am not saying he has lost the team.  I am just saying that video doesn't prove he hasn't. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 01:17:13 pm »

Great video, I find it inspiring.  I like that he gives the victory to the team.  He recognizes the contribution made by the defense without calling out the offense.  I thought his comment to the offense "our day will come" was perfect.

I especially like the end of the video where the players come together and Sparano is kind of trapped in the middle of all these gigantic guys jumping around.  Man, does he look out of place. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:18 pm »

Having the lockerroom means nothing. It's about WINS and LOSES in the NFL!! Period!  It's about realistic expectations prior to the year and meeting them. Going 8-8 or 9-7 isn't good enough. This team was 7-9 last year. You add Dansby and Marshall and this year you are only 1 or maybe 2 games better? Not good enough!

Sparano is responsible for the crappy special teams assistant coach. If Henne isn't good enough in his eyes, then Sparano is responsible for NOT playing Pennington before the season was totally lost. Only 1 home win through 14 weeks.

None of it is good enough. Sparano seems like a nice man. A hard worker. An all around good-guy.  But in the NFL, that means nothing. It's about WINS and LOSES and Sparano has failed this year. And since coming here this team has regressed every year under him. And the ONLY succesful year he had was the season Tom Brady missed.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 05:11:23 pm »

Having the lockerroom means nothing. It's about WINS and LOSES in the NFL!! Period!

Incorrect.

Having the locker room is correlated to winning.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:56 pm »

Incorrect.

Having the locker room is correlated to winning.

I don't agree with that. BUT under your logic, then  Sparano must be a crappy coach because he has the lockerroom and he isn't winning.

1 home win all season. Only 3 weeks left in the season. Nuff said.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 05:17:41 pm »

I don't agree with that. BUT under your logic, then  Sparano must be a crappy coach because he has the lockerroom and he isn't winning.

1 home win all season. Only 3 weeks left in the season. Nuff said.

You are jumping around from argument to argument.  You said that having the lockerroom means nothing.  I say that is incorrect.  Having a lockerroom is a component that leads to wins.  It's not the only thing, but it's part of it.

As for our home winning record, that has nothing to do with the correlation between winning and having the lockerroom.  It is a non-sequitur.

I drink your milkshake!
tubba marxxx
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »

MikeO.....are you a Dolphins fan?  I feel like you get hard bashing the Dolphins..but anyways..as far as Spanano is concerned (and this is me speaking generally, not isolated at one post) do you expect Ray Lewis like speeches?  It's not going to happen..I like Sparano in the fact that he keeps it real (for lack of a better explination)..he's a football guy, look at him on the sidelines any game, he's right there getting jacked up with the rest of the team..you can't compare Sparano to Wade Philips because everyone wanted Wade gone, it's blatantly obvious..could you IMAGINE the UPROAR that would happen in DALLAS if just ONE player said Wade sucks?..we'd still be hearing about it.  So it's no shock that they all "said the right things" but look no further than the Dallas/Green Bay game for them to show their true feelings about Wade..no heart..they didn't care they got spanked..Wade was set up..don't be so quick to call for the head coaches.....head..a champion is not built overnight..but there's one change that needs to be made and it's who do you keep:  Henne or Henning?..one can not play well with the other in the fact that Henne is incredibly inaccurate in the short throws, which is Henning's whole game plan..in order words..if you're content with a conservative offense..you get rid of Henne and continue the search for Marino's successor..if you want a more explosive offense..aka THE REASON YOU GOT BRANDON MARSHALL..you get rid of Henning
tubba marxxx
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 08:08:04 pm »

btw I'm interested in seeing what Sparano is like after a loss..anyone have that link?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray