Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:48:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphin latest signing is a cancer.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphin latest signing is a cancer.....  (Read 2275 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 14, 2010, 08:44:46 am »

....recovery.

The Dolphins have signed Kevin Curtis who has been battling cancer and is now healthy. 

Good for Kevin (more so for the cancer recovery than the signing). 

(I hope I didn't offend anyone with my title, cancer is serious, but I can't resist bad puns.  I mean no disrespect to Kevin who I hope continues to do well with his battle with cancer.  And well on the football field when playing against the Jets.)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 08:48:28 am »

....recovery.

The Dolphins have signed Kevin Curtis who has been battling cancer and is now healthy. 

Good for Kevin (more so for the cancer recovery than the signing). 

(I hope I didn't offend anyone with my title, cancer is serious, but I can't resist bad puns.  I mean no disrespect to Kevin who I hope continues to do well with his battle with cancer.  And well on the football field when playing against the Jets.)

I was going to give you a "C'mon, man" until I saw your disclaimer.  Nice save.    Grin
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:52 am »

Still giving him a "C'mon man." While funny to some, I found it tasteless.  Angry -EK
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:23:06 am »

I'm not sure how calling someone a cancer survivor is offensive. Not one of your better ones so maybe that is the offensive part.  Wink

Does anyone know anything about him one way or the other?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 09:25:30 am »

From FOX Sports:
"The 32-year-old Curtis struggled with injuries and played in just 12 games for the Eagles over the last two seasons. In 2007 Curtis started all 16 games in Philadelphia and had 77 catches for 1,110 yards." -EK

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:08 am »

he used to be good.  I hope he can come back and play at the level he did previously.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 10:53:04 am »

He used to be the poor man's version of Wes Welker: Good hands, works the middle of the field well, quicker than he is fast...

I just hope he has something left in his tank.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 10:56:49 am »

^^ Um, I thought we already had that player?  We need to sign the poor-man's version of Jerry Rice.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 11:20:14 am »

^^ Um, I thought we already had that player?  We need to sign the poor-man's version of Jerry Rice.

You had your chance.  Titans snagged him. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 11:38:11 am »

^^^ Wash your keyboard out with soap... How dare you compare the greatest WR in the history of the game with the greatest malcontent in recent memory.

I could overlook the poor pun...but not the blatant blasphemy. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 11:42:51 am »

^^^ Wash your keyboard out with soap... How dare you compare the greatest WR in the history of the game with the greatest malcontent in recent memory.

I could overlook the poor pun...but not the blatant blasphemy. Wink

Moss is the second greatest WR to have ever played the game.  He is also #2 on the egotistical malcontent list.  Number #1 was also a Viqueen this year.   

bsfins
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

This signing reminds me alot of Chris Carter,He's more of a warm body another back up WR. (No pun intended here,perhaps bad phrasing).....There is so few games left,I think he might get a catch or two of he gets on the field  Undecided
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 12:02:02 pm »

He can stretch the field.  I know it was a while ago, but he ran a 4.35 at his combine.  I seem to remember the Eagles playing in the ugliest throwbacks I've ever seen and Curtis getting something insane like over 200 yards receiving. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 12:50:17 pm »

Moss is the second greatest WR to have ever played the game.

Opinions are wonderful things...  Despite Randy's stats, I don't consider him to be one of the top-5 greatest WRs of all time. I just see football as more than a game of stats...and Randy's head knocks him down the list several notches.

~ Micah Leggat
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 01:25:36 pm »

He was well liked when he played for the Rams, quick and tough.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray