Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:43:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Terrible Quarterback Voltron
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Terrible Quarterback Voltron  (Read 1897 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: December 15, 2010, 02:34:51 am »

I laughed.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:58:04 am »

That's lame. And why is Aaron Rodgers in it?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 11:47:05 am »

That's lame. And why is Aaron Rodgers in it?
...and Kyle Orton.  He's having a good year this year.

Edit:  that doesn't look like Rodgers.  I think that's Matt Flynn the back up QB.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »

^^^ I was wondering about Kyle Orton being in there as well. Maybe the person who created it didn't start watching the NFL this year until week 14. Kyle did have a poor game this past week.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:22:09 pm »

It was actually terrible QB in Week 14 Voltron. Kyle Orton is still the only QB on Voltron that has talent though. The rest belong there year round.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 04:47:16 pm »

Could somone please enlighten the terribly unhip CF what is cool about this robot. This thread has me baffled.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:35:54 am »

Voltron was a cartoon and toy series in the 80's. I believe it came from Japan. For some reason, someone on the internet put the heads of crappy Week 14 QB's to form Shitty QB Voltron. Don't know why, just made me laugh.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 08:23:33 am »

Thanks Edge. I do not remember that cartoon but at least it seems to makes some sense now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 09:19:02 am »

The reason for the different heads is because Voltron would be formed by different people running different robots. You would piece them together to make one Voltron robot.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 09:25:58 am »

I have to admit that I had no idea what a Voltron was either, until I Googled it after this thread posted...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 09:28:41 am »

I see. Now that I know what it is I googled it and got this ... Voltron featured a team of five young pilots commanding five robot lions which could be combined to form Voltron.

I was in High school during this time but I never got into the Japanese cartoons anyway. I was a Bugs Bunny-Smurfy-H.R. Pufnstuf dude!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray