Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:03:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  More proof you punter deserved the game ball
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: More proof you punter deserved the game ball  (Read 2597 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 16, 2010, 09:54:43 am »

Holmes upset about way Miami punter punting, takes self out of game.

WR Santonio Holmes said yesterday that the reason be came off the field as the punt returner Sunday against Miami was because he'd become so frustrated with how well Dolphins punter Brandon Fields was kicking he begged out of the game, giving way to CB Antonio Cromartie. "It wasn't fun because the guy was kicking it 60 or 70 yards and he didn't give me a chance to get going," Holmes said. "I was upset. I kind of got frustrated and didn't even want to return punts because of way he was punting the ball. "I got tired of him punting. Every time he got back to punt, this guy was standing on his own goal line and he's punting it to our 15-yard line. I'm like, 'Who does that?' I told 'West' (special teams coach Mike Westhoff), 'You can send someone else back there. There's no way I want to return 97-yard punts.' " Holmes will be back returning punts Sunday against his former team, the Steelers. "Those guys know how I feel about returning punts at that stadium [Heinz Field]," he said. "Those guys know if they give me an opportunity, trust me, I'm going to take advantage of it. If they give me a crease, I'm going to take it the house. Feed that to those guys."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/scott_no_divide_in_locker_room_asA31GQtTWotVua5b82zJI
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:04:18 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:20:54 am »

No way he gets back in for me if he demanded out. Who's in charge over there the coaches or the players?  Next we will hear how the players ordered the coach to stick out his knee!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:40:07 am »

No way he gets back in for me if he demanded out. Who's in charge over there the coaches or the players?  Next we will hear how the players ordered the coach to stick out his knee!

I would trade him to a sucky team like the Raiders, Vikings or Broncos.  (e.g. The BB approach to malcontents)

Kid Dynamite

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:00 am »

The Alosi incident, players on defense upset with Rex, Holmes asking and being granted to be let off the field because the opposing player is too good, two straight embarrasing loses, and Sanchez sucking ass.

Sounds like this team is ready to go down in flames.  What a great day. =)

Jimmy "The Snake" Johnson for the Hall of Shame.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:41:05 am »

every time a jets fan cries an angel gets their wings
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:51:49 am »

every time a jets fan cries an angel gets their wings

This been a good 2 week span for angels getting their wings.   

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 12:03:35 pm »

I'm surprised there's not more being made of this.  A key player refusing to go onto the field because the other team is too good?  I guess Holmes should send a thank you card to Alosi for dominating the media this week.  If not for tripgate, I think NYJ fans would be seriously pissed about Holmes' unprofessional act. 

Has there been a reaction from the Jets' coaching staff?  Holmes should be punished in some way.  I know they need him over the next 3 games, but you can't let the inmates run the asylum.  Shouldn't he be benched?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 12:16:52 pm »

I'm surprised there's not more being made of this.  A key player refusing to go onto the field because the other team is too good?  I guess Holmes should send a thank you card to Alosi for dominating the media this week.  If not for tripgate, I think NYJ fans would be seriously pissed about Holmes' unprofessional act. 

Has there been a reaction from the Jets' coaching staff?  Holmes should be punished in some way.  I know they need him over the next 3 games, but you can't let the inmates run the asylum.  Shouldn't he be benched?

BTW - Brady also engaged in an act of mutiny this week.  When the Pats got the ball back with only seconds left on the clock at the end of 1st half, BB called for Brady to take a knee.  Brady audibled at the line and instead threw a TD pass to Branch.   

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 12:31:10 pm »

I'm wondering if the player wasn't being facetious.  I can't imagine that he actually took himself out of the game because the punter was too good.  I just can't see anyone doing that.  My gut tells me he was making light of the situation.  I don't doubt that he talked to the special teams coach and said you can put someone else in there, but most likely they just decided that having him try to run back those kicks was taking away from him playing receiver. They put in Cromartie instead.  Let a defensive player run back 60 yard kicks and then rest on the sideline.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:35:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 12:36:23 pm »

BTW - Brady also engaged in an act of mutiny this week.  When the Pats got the ball back with only seconds left on the clock at the end of 1st half, BB called for Brady to take a knee.  Brady audibled at the line and instead threw a TD pass to Branch.   
Is a fine forthcoming?  Grin

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58:44 pm »

Is a fine forthcoming?  Grin

If your lucky, BB will bench Brady for three quarter of the week 17 game over it. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 01:16:45 pm »

If your lucky, BB will bench Brady for three quarter of the week 17 game over it. 
That sounds fair to me. Smiley

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 01:47:09 pm »

I'm wondering if the player wasn't being facetious.  I can't imagine that he actually took himself out of the game because the punter was too good.  I just can't see anyone doing that.  My gut tells me he was making light of the situation.  I don't doubt that he talked to the special teams coach and said you can put someone else in there, but most likely they just decided that having him try to run back those kicks was taking away from him playing receiver. They put in Cromartie instead.  Let a defensive player run back 60 yard kicks and then rest on the sideline.

I'm glad we have a voice of reason on this. I doubt it was anywhere near as serious as it is being portrayed.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »

I'm glad we have a voice of reason on this. I doubt it was anywhere near as serious as it is being portrayed.

Why should reason be any excuse not to laugh at the Jets? 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray