Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:31:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  For those clinging to hope..................
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: For those clinging to hope..................  (Read 3919 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 17, 2010, 02:12:21 am »

If the Dolphins win out and finish 10-6:

If the Jets lose all but one of their remaining three games, it will go to tiebreakers.

Also for the Colts if they don't win out.

It's not impossible.  Miami has the Bills and Lions coming up, while NYJ has the Steeler this Sunday.

If Miami beats the Bills and the Jets lose, the Jets are 9-5, while Miami is 8-6.

Anything could happen.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:34:06 am »

I am clinging to hope that we get a better QB and OC.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 01:12:00 pm »

I am only clinging to the hope that we play well.  While it would be great to go to the playoffs, 1) It ain't happening and 2) We'll just get destroyed anyway; we're not a playoff caliber team.  But I guess anything can happen.

I am still interested in watching us play, though, and want to see us continue to improve.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:24:10 pm »

I'm clinging to hope that Henne pulls it together these last 3 weeks and looks like a young franchise QB rather than just a young QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:27:59 pm »

Which win matters.  

If both teams are 10-6 and the Jets one win is either Bears or Steelers than Dolphins win the tiebreaker on division record.

If both teams are 10-6 and the Jets one win is the Bills.  Jets win on Conf record.

Edit: next tie breaker is common games not conf...let me get back to you on that.

Edit2: common games would be tied...thus conf record. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:36:41 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:29:49 pm »

I'm clinging to hope that Henne pulls it together these last 3 weeks and looks like a young franchise QB rather than just a young QB.

I'm with Pappy...I want to see something from Henne the next few weeks that makes me comfortable in thinking of him as Miami's QB for next year and beyond.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:48:10 pm »

I think I've seen enough of Henne.

TOO MANY PICKS.

We need to bring in somebody who will do for us what Pennington did in 2008.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 02:00:09 pm »

I think I've seen enough of Henne.

TOO MANY PICKS.

We need to bring in somebody who will do for us what Pennington did in 2008.  

Who?

You can't just get "somebody".  You have to either use a draft pick or choose a free agent veteran or trade away talent for one.  That's the problem.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 02:23:47 pm »

Henne could play like Tom Brady in the last 3 games and you guys will all still crap all over him.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 02:29:29 pm »

Henne could play like Tom Brady in the last 3 games and you guys will all still crap all over him.

Well he did play like Peyton for a couple of weeks and folks crapped on him   Smiley....Granted it was a bad stretch of games for Peyton. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 02:35:12 pm »

I'm all for finding someone better than Henne, but you can't just can guys before you find better guys.

We can't spend a top pick on a QB every year.  ...you just can't do it, or your team deteriorates.

So, if we have a better player than Henne on our roster, let's play them.  Unfortunately, we don't.  And we probably won't next year either, unless we sacrifice a lot to get one, and even then, it's a huge gamble.  So, that's the question...where do you think this magical player is going to come from?  And what will be the cost?

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 02:38:30 pm »

We can't spend a top pick on a QB every year. 

Why not?   Lions draft a WR every year, Bill draft a running back every year...oh wait ... those two might not be the best examples.....

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »

Why not?   Lions draft a WR every year, Bill draft a running back every year...oh wait ... those two might not be the best examples.....

Not to mention that QB is worse, since you only play 1.  At least with WRs and RBs, you cycle out several during a game.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 04:49:13 pm »

Sounds like McNabb will be CUT by Washington after the season. he has been beaten out by John Beck now as the #2 QB with Grossman starting.

Bring him in to compete with Henne. Then draft a kid in the middle rounds to groom.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 05:40:09 pm »

Sounds like McNabb will be CUT by Washington after the season. he has been beaten out by John Beck now as the #2 QB with Grossman starting.

Bring him in to compete with Henne. Then draft a kid in the middle rounds to groom.

That may not be a bad idea.  Have McNabb compete with Henne, and draft Jake Locker if he falls to us in the first round.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray