Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 12:34:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC's NFL Awards 2010: Best Free Agent / Trade Player
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TDMMC's NFL Awards 2010: Best Free Agent / Trade Player  (Read 1343 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:22:14 am »

(This topic courtesy of Sunstroke.)

Choose one player picked up (or traded for) this season.  You can base your criteria solely on the quality of their player, or you can elect other factors, like cost of the player, or expectations.

ONLY PLAYERS ACQUIRED LAST OFF-SEASON (OR SOONER) ARE ELIGIBLE.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:43:11 am »

Patriots adding Danny Woodhead

that guy was a beast this year
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 12:11:55 pm »

If you are looking at it from either side:  A basically free 3rd round pick to NE was the best trade of the season, for a player that some reports said would be cut if they didn't find a trading partner and didn't do much either before or after the trade.

If you only mean from the player side:  Then once again goes to NEP, with the pick up of Danny Woodhead.  Branch for a 4th is worth an honorable mention.  NEP have been working the trades pretty good the is season.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:35:48 pm »

Woodhead's a good one...and definitely (imo) the best "in-season" acquisition.

My vote will go to Chicago's big-bucks FA signing, Julius Peppers. He really was the glue for da Bears defense this year, and unlike Karlos Dansby (who I also considered), Peppers' performance improved down the stretch as Chicago held off the Pack for their division title, while Dansby's numbers actually tailed off a bit in the second half of the season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:01 am »

I like the acquisition of LaDanian Tomlinson by the Jets. A great dimension he has added to the Jets and I think it really helps them.

In his 10th season in the NFL (as a running back), he did:

219 carries for 914 yards (4.2 per carry) and 6 TD's, as well as 52 receptions for 368 yards (7.1 YPC).

He also had 16 carries for 82 yards and 2 TDs, plus 4 catches for 17 yards in last weekend's AFC Wild Card game against the Colts.

But more than that, he has brought an element of leadership to the offense that really needed it from a skill position player (Sanchez, Edwards, Holmes, or Shon Green don't necessarily scream out "team leader" to me).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:56:53 am by jtex316 » Logged

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray