Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 01:03:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I was wrong...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I was wrong...  (Read 3638 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:29:59 am »

Since everyone on here is so full of themselves lately, I say it's time we humble ourselves and all take time out to eat crow on a prediction.  So, choose something that you were wrong about and admit it.  If you haven't been wrong about anything, you are a liar (and likely a douche.)

I will start.

I was wrong about Michael Vick.  When he came back to the NFL, I never thought that he'd be a viable QB again.  Given that he never seemed that have the right work ethic and spent a lot of time away from a football field, I thought there was no way that he'd get better.  However, I think he is now playing the best football of his career.  I also think that he's a psychopath, but that's for another thread.

I drink your milkshake!
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:32:06 am »

Edited by Hoodie:

This is a thread for admitting mistakes you made.  Not bragging about things you got right.  If you want to brag about things you got right take it to another thread.

Thank you,

The management. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:18:08 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:51:05 am »

I'll eat a little crow soufflé over Bill Parcells. While I was skeptical on how long he'd stick around, I was fairly confident that the Tuna would be able to put a system in place to develop the team into a contender. Now it seems like all he did was play golf, cash large paychecks, give mediocre advice on players and delay the actual turn-around of this organization by (at least) 3 years.

I'm not quite ready to eat crow on Henne or Sparano yet...though Henne's feathers are getting darker every time I see him fly.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:55:36 am »

I was wrong about the chiefs this year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »

I agree with Sunstroke, I was worried that Parcells was going to radically turn around the Dolphins are begin challenging the NEP for the AFCE.

I also thought Moss would behave and put up another outstanding year to convince the Patriots or someone else to give him a fat contract.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:23:35 pm »

+1 on the Mike Vick thing.   I was wrong on the Vikings, that implosion caught me by surprise. I seriously thought that Minny was gonna be serious contenders after last season. Amazing what a difference a year makes... Hell, I had New England and Minnesota in the SB at the beginning of the year. Man I was waaay off. Ha.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:57 pm »

I was wrong yesterday.  I thought the Saints and Colts would win.  I'll probably be wrong again today.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 02:24:13 pm »

I was wrong about the Patriots.  I predicted they'd be cellar dwellers by now with an aging qb and a bunch of young no names.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:32:24 pm »

I think I was also wrong about Brady.  For years (not as long as some others, though), I thought he was a product of the system, and any comparisons between him and Peyton Manning was crazy.  However, I think I've seen enough of him to say that he's arguably the most effective QB ever.  I don't know if his physical skills can match up with the all-time greats, but he makes decisions better than anyone.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:44:00 pm »

I was wrong about the Dolphins.

I was wrong about how good my fantasy team would be.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »

I think I was also wrong about Brady.  For years (not as long as some others, though), I thought he was a product of the system, and any comparisons between him and Peyton Manning was crazy.  However, I think I've seen enough of him to say that he's arguably the most effective QB ever.
Co-signed (mostly).

Do I think that Brady would have been as good without Belichick?  No.  But Montana had Walsh and Marino had Shula, and I don't hold that against them.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 08:15:48 pm »

If Brady wins a ring this year he might go down as the Greatest QB to ever play. Have 4 rings. Was a few seconds away from a 5th ring and a perfect season. Holds a few single season passing records.

He would have it all, the rings, the team accomplishments, a few records. And he would have won his rings with not a lot of big name offensive talent around him. I mean Moss is a hall of famer but he would have won 4 rings without Moss. And name 1 big time offensive talent he had with him on offense when he won those 3 (possibly 4 rings). Kevin Faulk? Please!

Brady is an all time great. He is one more championship away from being an immortal though.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 08:43:27 pm »

Do I think that Brady would have been as good without Belichick?

I don't, no.  However, I think that it is no longer Belichek, and Brady could play elsewhere effectively.  Brady has given back as much to Belichek (if not more) as he's gotten.  It's easy to be seen as a genius when your QB does all the right things.

I drink your milkshake!
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »

brady is a cheat.  in his development years, he knew the defenses plays.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 12:35:05 am »

So what?  They obviously didn't know the defenses' plays in 2007, nor this year.

The Spygate argument is tired.  Let it die.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray