Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 05:50:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Fantasy Football - #1 Pick?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football - #1 Pick?  (Read 6696 times)
Banshee

« on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »

Hey everyone!

Your thoughts on my taking Arian Foster as the 1st pick overall in my FF draft? 

Kids don't need another friend; they need someone to look up to.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:27:11 pm »

i personally would go with cam newton
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:38:23 am »

The only thing that scares me about Foster this year is that he lost his fullback so I am not familiar with who his lead blocker is now. I love Foster though and he is a top 3 back in my opinion.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 02:15:36 am »

My top 5 picks this fantasy season...all RBs

1) Adrian Peterson
2) Jamaal Charles
3) Chris Johnson
4) Ray Rice
5) Arian Foster

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 02:26:45 am »

Hey Stroke I am torn on Charles because Jones ate up quite a few carries last season. I am interested in your thoughts on having him at #2.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 03:03:07 am »

KC has talked openly about reducing Jones' touches and increasing Charles' workload. I like him quite a bit this season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 03:34:52 am »

I had not heard that yet thanks for the tip. 

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 09:20:45 am »

Foster lost his FB plus he already has hammy issues. Top 5 pick, not #1
Banshee

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 12:18:54 pm »

Considering the numbers Foster put up last year, it's certainly difficult to pass him up.  Athlon Sports has him #1, but I'm finding most other publications and people disagree.   Adrian Peterson seems to be garnering the most favor, though I've heard his offensive line needs considerable work.  I do like the fact he only fumbled once last year.  How will McNabb affect Peterson's output?

Kids don't need another friend; they need someone to look up to.
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:40 pm »

My top 5 picks this fantasy season...all RBs

1) Adrian Peterson
2) Jamaal Charles
3) Chris Johnson
4) Ray Rice
5) Arian Foster

Based on what I've heard about Fantasy, I understand RB is the key position of the game, but I would take Michael Vick over any of those guys.  He can make things happen with his arm and legs.  What's your take on that?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 01:43:08 pm »

If I did a top-10 list, you'd see Vick's name (#9), but I see a big enough gap between the top tier RBs and the next level down (and conversely, too small a gap between Vick-Rodgers and the QBs at the late 2nd/early 3rd (Brady, Brees, Rivers) that I just can't see taking a QB in the top-5. I don't even have Vick as my #1 QB...I have Aaron Rodgers a slot ahead of him at #8.

PS...how's the boat, professor?

~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »

PS...how's the boat, professor?

Docked in Panama City for the fall as I prepare to begin a new term.  Enjoyed my time out on the water with the love of my life.  Thanks for asking.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:14 pm »

I also have Rogers ahead of Vick!!!!!

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 04:58:23 pm »

AP is a good pick for #1.  He's the safest I think.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 06:20:52 pm »

I think there are 4-5 (or more) QB's I'd rather have than Vick.  Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees...  At minimum.  Let alone Vick over the top tier RB's.  No thank you, you can have him. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray