Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2024, 05:59:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Fantasy Football - #1 Pick?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football - #1 Pick?  (Read 6697 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »

If Vick does anything close to what he did last year (fantasy-wise), yes thank you I'll take him. Granted my league is very unorthodox, so...
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 11:18:51 pm »

1.  AP
2.  Foster
3.  Chris Johnson
4.  Jamaal Charles
5.  Chris Johnson
6.  (upset shocker sleeper pick!)  Beenie Wells
7.  Aaron Rodgers
8.  Rivers
9.  Vick
10.  P. Manning
10a.  Shittyasspunkass Tom Brady

It is a changing of the guard this year.  SAPA Tom Brady and P. Manning are interchangeable at #10 this year only because of their age and Manning's health. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:47 am »

Even if you're wearing Beanie's BFF bracelet, drafting him before the 4th round is a mistake. Listing him ahead of Aaron Rodgers for a first round list...mind-boggling. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 12:30:14 am »

Even if you're wearing Beanie's BFF bracelet, drafting him before the 4th round is a mistake. Listing him ahead of Aaron Rodgers for a first round list...mind-boggling. Grin

Maybe I'm right...maybe you're right...maybe I'm making a bold prediction due to the fact that he is the only rushing threat they have now...maybe I'm trying to throw off my fantasy football competition for the upcoming season....MAYBE YOU'RE FUCKING THAT UP!.....maybe.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 02:15:10 am »

That Beanie is headed for an MVP season, sho 'nuff!

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 05:40:36 pm »

Jamel Charles comes from a run heavy offense. They like to run first, run second and if possible run third and only pass when necessary. I like him alot this year
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »

^^^ Agree completely...no reservations at all having Charles at #2 overall on my list.

The other first rd RB I'm trying to get when Charles isn't available is Ray Rice. Guy was already a versatile stud, and this offseason the Ravens got rid of both guys who vultured touches from him last season (Willis McGahee, McClain), and added arguably the best lead blocking fullback in the league, Vonta Leach. That smells like fantasy goodness to me...

(edited for fast-fingered typo-mania)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:02:56 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 07:52:30 am »

Fantasy Comments:

This is the year of Peyton Hillis. No Madden Curse!!!!!

I think Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 pick. The guy is completely red-hot on fire and great (How lucky are the Packers? First Favre and now Rodgers, who will win another Super Bowl someday).

I think that Michael Vick will fall this season (he will not be the QB he was last year).

Homer Comment: This is a breakout year for Hakeem Nicks! Watch out for the Giants aerial assault!!!!! Smiley

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:10 pm »

I wouldn't make him #1. Would put him in the top five maybe. He had 327 carries last year. That's a lot. If they do that again this year, he may start to have more of those "nagging" injuries late in the year, when I need him for playoffs. Plus, if Andre Johnson is healthy, he's still the number one guy on that team. Regarding Vick- again, he is great for what 12 weeks? That's a remedy for fantasy FAIL, because an injured Vick in week 13 means your fantasy playoffs are in trouble. FWIW, Vick didn't look good last week either. 3 INTS? I'll take Brady, Rodgers, or Manning ahead of Vick and build my team on RB's in the first two rounds like every year.  Wink  -EK
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray