Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 10:36:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Who will be the last to win a game?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Who will be the last to win a game?  (Read 13209 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 08:24:46 pm »

No one said he's an ironman, but ye of great hyperbole, labeling a player as injury prone after 4 games (now 5) is just absurd. Arian Foster has missed as much time this year as Thomas- is he injury prone? -EK

Foster has 1 year under his belt of playing 16 games on his resume. DT doesn't.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 02:23:15 pm »

decided to bump this thread, we are down to 2. Miami and Indy.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 02:38:55 pm »

Well, it's certainly possible that both Miami and Indy will go winless.  However, I think it's Indy.  As bad as Miami is, Indy is worse.  They are mailing it in.  I guess they feel without Manning, no one is going to blame them for sucking.  Say what you will about Miami's lack of talent, I don't think you can accuse them of not playing hard.

If Miami gets a win, it will be in the next 2 weeks against the Chiefs or the Redskins.  If we lose those 2 games, it will be very hard to get one this year.

The easiest games for the Colts are the Jaguars (twice) and the Panthers, but both of those teams are playing tough and I can't see Indy doing anything against them.  Indy looks like a lock for 0 - 16.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

Well, it's certainly possible that both Miami and Indy will go winless.  However, I think it's Indy.  As bad as Miami is, Indy is worse.  They are mailing it in.  I guess they feel without Manning, no one is going to blame them for sucking.  Say what you will about Miami's lack of talent, I don't think you can accuse them of not playing hard.

If Miami gets a win, it will be in the next 2 weeks against the Chiefs or the Redskins.  If we lose those 2 games, it will be very hard to get one this year.

The easiest games for the Colts are the Jaguars (twice) and the Panthers, but both of those teams are playing tough and I can't see Indy doing anything against them.  Indy looks like a lock for 0 - 16.

I agree. I thought Miami would be last team to win a game this year but Indy just looks like absolute trash. That being said, I could see both teams going 0-16.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 03:32:25 pm »

What do they do in that case insofar as the draft is concerned? The reverse of tie-breakers to get into the playoffs? Like- whoever had an EASIER schedule sucked more, and gets the higher pick? -EK
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »

What do they do in that case insofar as the draft is concerned? The reverse of tie-breakers to get into the playoffs? Like- whoever had an EASIER schedule sucked more, and gets the higher pick? -EK

This question has been asked in other threads, but I don't think there has been a definitive answer.  If Miami and Indy tie with the worse record, then who gets the number 1 pick?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 03:50:45 pm »

^^The answer is definately whomever has the harder schedule gets the lower pick. If Miami and Indy both finish 0-16 Indy gets the first pick.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 04:19:33 pm »

^^The answer is definately whomever has the harder schedule gets the lower pick. If Miami and Indy both finish 0-16 Indy gets the first pick.
How can you say that with certainty not knowing the outcome of every game from now until Week 17?  How can you determine the record of the 13 teams on each schedule to calculate the strength of schedule?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 04:46:21 pm »

A couple of you guys are just a tiny bit off in regards to the SoS tiebreaker. If Miami and Indy both finish tied for the worst record, it is the team with the "lower" strength of schedule between the two that ends up getting the first pick.

Example: 

Indy finishes 0-16, with their opponents' combined winning percentage at .438
Miami finishes 0-16, with their opponents' combined winning percentage is at .485

Indy would get the first pick in this example.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 04:47:32 pm »

The answer is definately whomever has the harder schedule gets the lower pick.

Isn't that the same thing?  The "lower pick" meaning the worse pick, a.k.a #2
tubba marxxx
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 05:49:38 pm »

Indy has Jacksonville twice and Miami has the Redskins.  Those look like the only winnable games for either team

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 06:35:24 pm »

Indy has Jacksonville twice and Miami has the Redskins.  Those look like the only winnable games for either team

Indy has Carolina at home too
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »

Miami will be the last, its just that bad in miami.  The LOLphins have shit for luck and shit will roll down hill.  I try to stay optimistic from week to week but i cant especially when the fins play like a hockey team, Good for three periods.

tubba marxxx
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:48 am »

Indy has Carolina at home too

Yeah but Cam Newton should have a field day on that secondary
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2011, 02:38:08 pm »

How can you say that with certainty not knowing the outcome of every game from now until Week 17?  How can you determine the record of the 13 teams on each schedule to calculate the strength of schedule?
Call it a hunch.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray