Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 04:43:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Who will be the last to win a game?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Who will be the last to win a game?  (Read 13494 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 06:16:57 pm »

Only thing going for us is Indy plays Jax TWICE. So they might get a cheap win or 2 there.

Then you gotta hope Jax wins a game or two more elsewhere. Which with that group might be impossible.

I think aside from Denver Miami is screwed when it comes to finding wins. But they could get a cheap win late if NE shuts it down for a week or something. I would hate to lose Luck because of that. Want the Fins to have a nice 2 game cushion going into December for that #1 overall pick
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 06:33:05 pm »

Down to Miami, Indy, & STL - Indy has a shot to win again this week, playing against Cincy.  Miami & STL should both lose (jets/packers).  If Miami can manage to lose to Denver, hopefully STL will pull out a win against Dallas.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 07:08:29 pm »

No team in the NFC West scares me. They all suck and all play each other. So St.Louis/Arizona/Seattle will all win at least 3 or 4 or 5 by default by having to play each other. None of them will have the #1 overall pick.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 07:45:08 pm »

I may have to evaluate, after Henne went down.  As much as people complained about him not winning games, I think we'll see a dropoff at the position.  I think that Denver is our big chance, but after that, it'll be a tough road.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 07:51:40 pm »

I may have to evaluate, after Henne went down.  As much as people complained about him not winning games, I think we'll see a dropoff at the position.  I think that Denver is our big chance, but after that, it'll be a tough road.

Of course its a drop off. Henne sucks. Moore sucks even more. Denver is Miami's best chance to win a game.But we have a short week and Denver coming off a bye, so I think Denver may have a slight edge. After that maybe the best chance to win is a late December game if a team we are playing (Pats, Bills...etc) has a spot locked up and rests a bunch of guys.

If KC and the Giants were at home both are winable. They are on the road though and I think Miami will have issues.  Washington at home I guess is winable I mean Rex Grossman doesn't scare anyone and can always put up a stinker. But their defense should have no issues with Moore.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 08:15:56 am »

Of course its a drop off.

The second the D starts playing well (which might happen), the offense is going to get a boost as well.

On offense, the main issue has been minor mistakes (dropped passes, mainly) and play calling (Bush up the middle?).

I don't know if it's bad preparation or what, but unless the players just gives up on Sparano first (a definite possibility), I think they'll start performing reasonably well.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »

The second the D starts playing well (which might happen), the offense is going to get a boost as well.

On offense, the main issue has been minor mistakes (dropped passes, mainly) and play calling (Bush up the middle?).

I don't know if it's bad preparation or what, but unless the players just gives up on Sparano first (a definite possibility), I think they'll start performing reasonably well.

Minor Mistakes on offense?

Marshall can't catch the ball
O-line can't block for anything
QB can't throw a decent ball in the redzone and now we are with that QB's backup
And our o-coordinator doesn't seem to bright
If our injury prone RB Thomas is hurt, we have ZERO running game

Those are MAJOR mistakes any way you spin it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:04 pm »

Minor Mistakes on offense?

[...]

Those are MAJOR mistakes any way you spin it.

You are right. My choice of words was very poor. (Not that you'll agree with what I meant, either).

What I meant to say was that these are minor issues (but major mistakes), in the sense that it isn't that the players are incapable of e.g. blocking or catching balls, it's just that for whatever reason, they are not doing it right now. As I said, I don't know WHY they are playing like shit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they suddenly got their collective act together and won some games.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 07:06:11 pm »

They are playing like shit cause they simply don't care.  There's no motivation and its only going to get worse with every additional loss added to the standings.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 08:20:34 pm »

You are right. My choice of words was very poor. (Not that you'll agree with what I meant, either).

What I meant to say was that these are minor issues (but major mistakes), in the sense that it isn't that the players are incapable of e.g. blocking or catching balls, it's just that for whatever reason, they are not doing it right now. As I said, I don't know WHY they are playing like shit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they suddenly got their collective act together and won some games.

I have seen Brandon for 2 years now drop a ton of passes. I question whether he can be a legit #1 WR anymore. To me is peaked and is on the decline. He has turned into another WR sideshow act who makes headlines off the field and not much noise on the field anymore.

I haven't seen Carey, Colombo, or Incognito block anyone all year. So I don't think they are capable of being quality o-linemen.

Moore...Henne...both suck. Next!

And after Daniel Thomas we have no running backs. Lex is a great FB and quality short yardage guy. But Bush sucks. And we don't have a work horse after Thomas.

There is no magic light-switch that will be flipped.  This team is not capable of turning it around on offense
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 10:18:00 pm »

They are playing like shit cause they simply don't care.  There's no motivation and its only going to get worse with every additional loss added to the standings.

Very true.  +1

That's why I think Sparano will be axed at some point soon.  If the apathy starts building more steam around the locker room, Ireland/Ross will have no choice but to can him.  That's what happened to Wade Phillips last year in Dallas.  Jerry Jones had never fired anyone mid season before and desperately tried not to do it, but it was obvious Wade had lost the team and they were better off with out him.  I think that scenario is playing out right now in Miami.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 10:20:54 am »

How do you list a guy as "injury prone" after 4 games in his rookie season? -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »

How do you list a guy as "injury prone" after 4 games in his rookie season? -EK

When you have missed 2 of the 4.....lol

Oh wait, Thomas has been limited in practice all week, not looking good for Monday. Might be 2 out of 5. IRONMAN he isn't!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:52:16 pm by MikeO » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 11:39:40 pm »

Perfect example in the 2nd half tonight against the Jets.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:32 pm »

When you have missed 2 of the 4.....lol

Oh wait, Thomas has been limited in practice all week, not looking good for Monday. Might be 2 out of 5. IRONMAN he isn't!

No one said he's an ironman, but ye of great hyperbole, labeling a player as injury prone after 4 games (now 5) is just absurd. Arian Foster has missed as much time this year as Thomas- is he injury prone? -EK
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray