Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:31:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Will Green Bay go 16-0?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Will Green Bay go 16-0?  (Read 12153 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: November 08, 2011, 03:06:13 pm »

While the Pack may not be historically great, the have an enviable schedule. They might just pull it off..

Vikings, Bucs, @Lions, @Giants, Raiders, @Chiefs, Bears, Lions.

Any given Sunday... But the Packers are solid favorites in all those games. Providing they don't pull their starters... I give 'em about a 25% chance of pulling it off.

Who spoils their run?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:23:52 pm »

Lions twice is tough.  Bears is no gimmie.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 03:39:38 pm »

@Giants won't be easy, either! Look what we did to Tom Brady on the road - we can bring the heat on Rodgers as well.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »

Not historically great? Best offense I've seen since Fastest Show on Turf. I would give them better than average odds of 16-0. If I was on PTI I'd say 70% chance. -EK
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »

^^ That Giants game is the biggest hurdle by far, IMHO. Very good passing game and a D that leads the league in sacks. Tough game, no question, and the main reason I give the Pack "only" a 25% chance of pulling off the 16 Ws.

The Bears and Lions are overrated, IMHO, with stats inflated by weak opponents. The Lions defense is solid, but I don't see Stafford keeping up with Rodgers... Just too many weapons. As for the Bears, their offensive output is weak and their D is below average against #1 receivers. I could see them getting stomped.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »

Not historically great? Best offense I've seen since Fastest Show on Turf. I would give them better than average odds of 16-0. If I was on PTI I'd say 70% chance. -EK

Rodgers has been historically great, but their running game, defense, and special teams have all been average at best.

As for your odds... That's insane. I'm going to assume you don't gamble.... What you're proposing is that the Packers are about 20-1 favorites in EVERY game.

FYI, looking up the Vegas odds, Green Bay are 2-1 to win the Super Bowl, 6-1 to go 16-0, and 10-1 to do both.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 04:55:45 pm »

I'd give'em 75% chance or better.  GB offense puts up big numbers, the remaining teams on their schedule can't match that offensive firepower.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 05:18:36 pm »

Will we see in a few weeks Shula and the other 72 dolphins get interviewed about the Packers possibly be going undefeated.

I think the lions will be a tough match and Green Bay will go 1-1 against them. other than that i can see the Packers winning 15.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:30:16 pm »

Rodgers has been historically great, but their running game, defense, and special teams have all been average at best.

As for your odds... That's insane. I'm going to assume you don't gamble.... What you're proposing is that the Packers are about 20-1 favorites in EVERY game.

FYI, looking up the Vegas odds, Green Bay are 2-1 to win the Super Bowl, 6-1 to go 16-0, and 10-1 to do both.

No, I don't gamble. But, I know that they averaging 34 ppg, and winning by nearly two TD's per game; when you do that, you don't really need a stellar defense- just one that is good, which I believe theirs is. A ton of the points scored against them have been when they're up 20+ points and seem to let off the gas.  They're a 2 TD favorite again this week, and they've been at least a ten point favorite in about half their games. This is, of course, why I don't gamble, but the "eyeball" test tells me that of their remaining games, the Giants are the only one I see them losing. They've already beaten the Saints, and won in Chicago, and in Atlanta. To me, that seems like about 70%. Again, I'm out of my comfort zone on this stuff, but it doesn't seem as outlandish as you make it sound. If they go 15-1, I'd feel like my "likelihood" wasn't far off. If they go 16-0, good for them. -EK
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 06:29:12 pm »

They lose on Thanksgiving Day.  You heard it here first.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:05 am »

^ Actually, I've already heard this somewhere else. I did not hear it here first.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 01:20:40 pm »

Ok who's the smart ass that posted, "they'll lose tonight (meaning the Vikings game). You heard it here first," then deleted their post? 'Fess up!!! -EK
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:30:21 pm »

I think they could easily pull of the 16-0 record if they keep playing the way they are right now. However as we get deeper into the winter games the weather can be a factor and they are not a strong running team. May not matter if Aaron keeps throwing at the clip he is now but the weather could very well effect that and the wideouts ability to make the grab or get decent traction to make the cuts necessary on the field to be in position for the pass!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 05:51:51 pm »

Regular season they really have only 2 hard games left. That is AT the Giants. and home vs Chicago. (Lions have fallen apart, KC,TB stink and Oakland is nothing special). I mean any given Sunday but aside from Giants and Bears they don't play anybody really good down the stretch.

They could easily be unbeaten in the regular season. Playoffs though is a different beast. Their defense has been bad this year. Get some bad weather or a tight game and they can be had easily.

Even though they lost this week the more I watch the Giants the more I like them. If they get Bradshaw back their offense is very good. And they are the ONLY team in the league that can get a pass rush with their front 4 and don't have to blitz.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 08:09:39 pm »

I doubt they will go 16-0.  But this is the best Packers team I've seen in a long time.  They're almost Tecmo-Bowl like.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray