Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:22:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Will Rex Ryan become the Jets Saban?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Will Rex Ryan become the Jets Saban?  (Read 5466 times)
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:04:52 am »

Especially if the Phins beat them Sunday, and torpedo the Jets season. With all the crap Rex has pulled this season, will the team keep him? And if they don't, do you think Rex will become to the Jets fans what Nick Saban is for us? One of the most if not THE most hated man in the team's history?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:17:31 am »

Why would he become Saban? Rex got them to two straight AFC Championship games. He may talk a lot, but their team usually pulls it out, except this year.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 09:21:51 am »

I know that if the Jets history was the Dolphins with Rex as the coach, after this season, many here would be calling for his 'walking papers'

Truthfully, this season, he has really stepped in it.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:26:53 am »

I heard on NFL radio - the Jets fans are sick of him running his mouth and then not backing it up.  The Giants game is tha latest example.

I have also heard that this Sunday might be Sanchez's last game with the Jets.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:34:31 am »

I don't see Rex going anywhere this year. IMHO he fits right into the Jets image of a coach and will get a couple of more years. At least one more I'd think.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 11:36:31 am »

He missed the playoffs.  Big deal.  He's got 2 AFC Championship appearances in 3 years with an average team.  He's not going anywhere.

I drink your milkshake!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 12:08:48 pm »

When were the Jets eliminated from playoff contention? Did I miss something? They could still get in, albeit unlikely, I grant you, but they have a good a shot at finishing 9-7. 9-7 is exactly where they finished two years ago when they made it to the AFC title game. It's not like Ryan has had some stellar regular season career. He had a slightly above average year 2 out of 3 years there, and last year, they played against a .500 schedule. I would hope a previous playoff team would post an improvement against a weak schedule. This year their strength of schedule was the third hardest coming into the season, so it's not exactly like missing the playoff with the same record that got them in two years ago is a reason to fire him. Some people are never satisfied. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »

Tanebaum will take the fall before Rex ever does.

Rex has at least 2 more years. Tanenbaum better hope the Jets win next year and make the playoffs or he is screwed!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »

I have also heard that this Sunday might be Sanchez's last game with the Jets.

Why? Sure, he hasn't demonstrated that he can play at a very high level *consistently*, but unless there's a better player available, there's no reason to ditch Sanchez.

All this speculation is almost certainly due to the roster bonus that Sanchez is set to collect in March ($2.75M), but even taking that into consideration, Sanchez is entering the "cheap" part of his contract. His total compensation next year (including the mentioned roster bonus) is just around the $11M mark. That's a nice chunk, but not unreasonable for a starting quarterback and substantially less than the $14M+ figure for this season. 2013 will be even cheaper with the total compensation dropping to about half of 2012 (so about $5.5M).

Again, unless you have a BETTER quarterback available, there's just no reason to shove Sanchez.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 09:40:53 am »

I personally hope they keep Sanchez because I don't want Ireland bringing him here.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 09:55:09 am »

He's no different from his father.  Big mouth, Top 5 defense, underachieving offense, gets in the playoffs, that's about it.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 10:32:45 am »

He's no different from his father.  Big mouth, Top 5 defense, underachieving offense, gets in the playoffs, that's about it.

They aren't even a top 5 defense this year. They are 7th or 8th in "total defense" as of last week. And in points they are terrible,  the Fins defense has given up 50 less points this year than the Jets defense. Jets have given up 344 the Fins only 296.   The Jets defense hasn't been great since Rex's first year in all honesty. Been mostly hype since.

Landshark
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 12:55:59 am »

He will not be the next Saban because he isn't the type who will take a college coaching job before the season is over and lie about it.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 01:56:22 am »

He will not be the next Saban because he isn't the type who will take a college coaching job before the season is over and lie about it.

Read the text of my first post. Not just the title of the thread.

Landshark
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 08:21:58 am »

Read the text of my first post. Not just the title of the thread.

My post was tongue-in-cheek  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray