Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 03:58:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brees or Rodgers MVP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brees or Rodgers MVP  (Read 4755 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:51 am »

Thought Rodgers was a lock till I saw what Flynn did yesterday. Is GB's success because of Rodgers outstanding play or the system? If the backup can step in an throw for 480 and 6 TD's does that hurt Rodgers' chances? -EK
Landshark
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:37:32 am »

Not to derail this thread, but with that game yesterday, Flynn just became the hottest free agent QB on the market.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:46:43 am »

I agree, although (and this is what got me thinking about this thread), I've already heard people here saying it was only the system, and not Flynn. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:46 am »

Not to derail this thread, but with that game yesterday, Flynn just became the hottest free agent QB on the market.
Which means that Miami won't be getting him. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:41:32 am »

I agree, although (and this is what got me thinking about this thread), I've already heard people here saying it was only the system, and not Flynn. -EK
It's not the system, it's the players. They have 3 WR's that are as good as Marshall. They have a terrific offensive line. They have a TE that's as good catching the ball as most teams WR's. The have a running back who can get tough yards all by himself. The QB has all the tools any QB could ask for. That's not to diminish what Rogers has done, he gets the most out of those guys, but when your backup can come in and put up those kinds of numbers, obviously it's not just the QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

Brees
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:42:19 am »

I think it's still Rodgers.  Flynn's play doesn't discount what Rodgers has done, just like it doesn't discount Favre's time there, either.

Rodgers has been super clutch and not made mistakes.  Brees has been great, as well.  ..but there's something about the coolness of Rodgers' play that gives him the nod.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 03:53:39 pm »

Rodgers
Landshark
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 06:07:39 pm »

A straw poll was taken on Fox Sports.  Rodgers has a slight lead.  Two weeks ago, he would've won easily, says Dan Patrick
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 06:16:15 pm »

A straw poll was taken on Fox Sports.  Rodgers has a slight lead.  Two weeks ago, he would've won easily, says Dan Patrick

It's tough. If Brees didn't break Dan's record I would say Rodgers hands down. I would say slight edge to Rodgers but if Brees won I wouldn't complain.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 08:50:56 am »

Brees has broken like 7 NFL records this season, including Marino's yards record.

Remember way back in week 1 I had made a post that asked if you'd rather have Brees or Rodgers, and almost everyone picked Rodgers with a "it's not even close" attitude.

This season, Brees was out of this world. So was Rodgers. Co-MVPs?

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 04:16:24 pm »

Brady
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 05:42:11 pm »

I heard something on SIRIUS NFL radio today, I still have to verify it but if true its amazing. That the Packers gave up the most passing yards in a single season in NFL history. If they did that and still went 15-1, then Rodgers gets my vote.

I mean its close between the two guys, but jesus christ Rodgers truly was a one-man team if that stat I heard is correct.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 05:57:49 pm »

Peyton Manning is the MVP for 2011
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »

If Rodgers is a production of a system, then what the hell is Brees. He has passed for over 5k yards in a spread offense system that plays half its games indoors.
Brees was an okay QB before his injury in SD and has become elite in the Dome.
Rodgers is MVP over Brees. Also Brees had to stay in a locked up victory to run his stats up higher( TD's v Int's) as he was behind Rodgers on this.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray