Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 10:05:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2012 Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football  (Read 22619 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »

I agree. I don't care either way, but if "donate" a little prize (something very little, nothing fancy by any means) what harm is that causing?

Once again I don't care, but I don't get why not.

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2012, 05:50:47 pm »

Doubt I stay up until after midnight if there are no prizes....have enough pools going as is....you play the game to win something...are we 5 years old?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »

It's legal matter in terms of filling out paperwork if there is a prize.

I don't feel like dealing with that.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:30 pm »

It's legal matter in terms of filling out paperwork if there is a prize.

I don't feel like dealing with that.

Legal matter..aka Mike O finding out someone's mailing address?

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 04:16:32 pm »

legal matter? If I mail someone a cheap ex-Dolphins player autograph its a legal matter?

I mean I don't care about a prize one way or another but that is some weird reason! lol lol
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 04:30:55 pm »

You have to report that prize to the IRS, no matter how small it is.

If you want to do that, you can be the commissioner next year

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 05:21:43 pm »

You have to report that prize to the IRS, no matter how small it is.

If you want to do that, you can be the commissioner next year

Please explain?  Because I'm pretty the US Postal service has a slogan of "If it fits, it ships."   Christmas presents don't have to be reported to the IRS.  What's the difference?

I also don't care one way or the other..this whole argument is just confusing to me.  Using the word argument loosely, obviously

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

if the prize is less than $600 in value it doesn't have to be reported I believe. I don't think a $20 baseball cap (or something along those lines) needs to be reported.

But whatever, I really don't care.  I just think you are mistaken on this.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 12:23:25 am »

I probably am, but I'm not going to take that the chance and wind up in federal prison because somebody in Feds might have a grudge against my family for some reason.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:41 am »

I probably am, but I'm not going to take that the chance and wind up in federal prison because somebody in Feds might have a grudge against my family for some reason.
nothing under $600 gets claimed as income. And no one is going to take you to federal prison over a fantasy football league. There are people that owe the irs millions, they're not going to spend one red cent to get you to pay up for an autographed photo.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:38 am »

Are you in the Gotti Family?! lol
Landshark
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:11 am »

if the prize is less than $600 in value it doesn't have to be reported I believe.

You are exactly right.  Any prize with a value of less than $600 is not required to be reported to the I.R.S. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 10:24:22 am »

And, EVEN if this was Bizarro world and the IRS came chasing after someone to pay 30 cents of tax for their token fantasy football prize, they'd come after this website, its owners and administrators, and not you.  Because it is an official TDMMC league, you are only a volunteer organizer.
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2012, 04:23:06 pm »

nothing under $600 gets claimed as income. And no one is going to take you to federal prison over a fantasy football league. There are people that owe the irs millions, they're not going to spend one red cent to get you to pay up for an autographed photo.

Which is why Publix (and other lotto retailers) can't pay out prizes over $599

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 10:27:01 am »

Well, I remember that chess tournament I went to where the prize was about $100 or so and the TD still required everybody to fill out W-2 forms.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray