Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 08:34:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Black Monday - Tracking Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Black Monday - Tracking Thread  (Read 26702 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: December 30, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »

That time of year when the coaches get the axe... Who's gone?

Andy Reid was reportedly the first casualty, but no *official* statement has been made yet. Basically, according to reports, he's fired, but just won't be told officially until tomorrow. Always a sign of a classy organization.

Not unlike the above, local media in Cleveland are reporting that the GM and coach Schurmur will be gone tomorrow... you now, once the owner actually gets around to telling the people involved.

I can't imagine Crennel stays in KC... Mularkey, Rex Ryan, Norv Turner could easily be gone as well. Considering the GM was fired a couple of months ago, Ron Rivera can't be feeling to secure in Caroline, but that decision will almost certainly not come until a new GM is found.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:48:30 pm by fyo » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »

Jets just fired their GM Tanenbaum. Probably a sign Rex is safe and has survived.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:50:23 pm »

Jets just fired their GM Tanenbaum. Probably a sign Rex is safe and has survived.

I disagree. Isn't the procedure often that the new GM gets to fire the coach (unless he wants to keep the guy and not bring in "his own").

If Christmas Tree is out in NY, I think the coaches are gone as well once a new GM is found.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »

I disagree. Isn't the procedure often that the new GM gets to fire the coach (unless he wants to keep the guy and not bring in "his own").

If Christmas Tree is out in NY, I think the coaches are gone as well once a new GM is found.

Woody loves Rex. Rex gets him headlines and on the backpage of the NY papers. Rex is safe.
Landshark
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 09:29:11 pm »

With the way the Lions grossly underachieved, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Schwartz get the axe.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 09:35:43 pm »

With the way the Lions grossly underachieved, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Schwartz get the axe.

Adam Schefter reported already that Schwartz is safe.

IF they did fire him the Lions job is the best OPEN job in the league. You would see Cowher and Gruden line up for that one. Established QB in place. Talent on the d-line. All world WR. Great ownership. That would be the job the "A list guys" would come out for.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

IF they did fire him the Lions job is the best OPEN job in the league.
Hell hath frozen over.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 06:45:19 am »

Hell hath frozen over.

I know, I never thought I would see the day either, but the Lions job would be a great job if it came open. That team is loaded with talent. They just need someone to bring it all together.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 09:55:08 am »

Shumer and Heckert FIRED in Cleveland

Rex Ryan staying as head coach of the Jets
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 10:20:34 am »

What a joke. Cleveland was more competitive than NYJ this year. -EK
Landshark
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 11:05:30 am »

Rex Ryan staying as head coach of the Jets

Wow.  Both GM Mike Tannenbaum, and OC Tony Sparano have been let go.  I'm surprised they "reassigned" Mike Tannenbaum.  Having him in the building will do nothing but undermine whichever GM they bring in.  Talk about a three ring circus. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 11:11:13 am »

Lovie Smith fired

Andy Reid fired

Chan Gailey fired

Romeo Crenell fired

Chargers have fired Norv and and AJ Smith (announcment pending)
Landshark
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 11:17:36 am »

Lovie Smith fired

Andy Reid fired

Chan Gailey fired

Romeo Crenell fired

Chargers have fired Norv and and AJ Smith (announcment pending)

About time for Norv Turner.  With the talent he's had on that team, it has grossly underachieved.  He should've been gone a long time ago.

Crenell I'm surprised about seeing as he has been there for only one year and the Chiefs have not had good quarterback play.

Chan Gailey was a no brainer.  The Bills spent a boatload of money to upgrade the defense and turned out no better than in years past. 

Same goes for Lovie Smith whose team has missed the playoffs the past two seasons after hosting the NFC title game in 2010.

As for Reid, I'm guessing the team decided they needed a breath of fresh air.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 11:19:13 am »

Conflicting reports that Ron Rivera in Carolina has been fired but it won't be announced today
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 11:20:15 am »

Wow.  Both GM Mike Tannenbaum, and OC Tony Sparano have been let go.  I'm surprised they "reassigned" Mike Tannenbaum.  Having him in the building will do nothing but undermine whichever GM they bring in.  Talk about a three ring circus. 

Tannenbaum is GONE. Not reassigned. He wrote a letter, read it to the team and cried! (there's no crying in football...lol)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray