Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 08:33:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Black Monday - Tracking Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Black Monday - Tracking Thread  (Read 26701 times)
Landshark
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 11:33:15 am »

Tannenbaum is GONE. Not reassigned. He wrote a letter, read it to the team and cried! (there's no crying in football...lol)

OK, I heard on the radio early this morning that he had been reassigned.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 12:52:18 pm »

Lovie Smith fired..a bit surprised with this one! Huh
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 01:10:38 pm »

Lovie Smith fired..a bit surprised with this one! Huh

He is a terrible head coach. Terrible gameday coach
Landshark
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »

The Arizona Cardinals have fired coach Ken Wisenhunt and GM Rod Graves.

Jacksonville has fired GM Gene Smith but has decided to hang onto coach Mike Mularkey for the moment. 

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/12/black-monday-2012-nfl-head-coaches-gms-fired-in-droves-day-after-season-ends-83582.html

I wonder who came up with the nickname Black Monday?  I think we should call it Pink Monday seeing as so many coaches and GM's are getting pink slips.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 03:17:42 pm »

Greg Knapp after 1 year will be fired in Oakland. Announcement coming later this week according to reports.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »

Former Dolphins special teams coach and now the special teams coach in Atlanta Keith Armstrong has interviews in Chicago and KC for the head coaching position.

(this might be to get the Rooney Rule requirement out of the way up front, it's been known to happen unfortunately)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 03:26:19 pm »

...I think we should call it Pink Monday seeing as so many coaches and GM's are getting pink slips.

Just go ahead and call it Walking Papers Week...you know you want to.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:11 pm »

Just go ahead and call it Walking Papers Week...you know you want to.

And why would I?  That's not a term I normally use.  I prefer to use more PC terms such as "being made available to the industry" or "A coach who was promoted to fan"
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 01:50:23 am »

He is a terrible head coach. Terrible gameday coach
Agreed....with that defence..no excuse for not making the playoffs........
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 07:38:28 am »

Doug Marrone of Syracuse interviewing with Cleveland and Buffalo.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 12:58:02 pm »

Doug Marrone of Syracuse interviewing with Cleveland and Buffalo. 

"Who ya gonna call? ...Marrone!"

(with apologies to those non-locals who don't see/listen to the Maroone car dealership commercials every day of their lives)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 07:24:31 pm »

Reid to KC
Kelly to Cleveland
Those are done

Looks like Buffalo wants Whisenhunt or Marrone. Lovie still in play there though as an outside chance
Chicago is staying quiet but looks like McCoy is the clubhouse leader
Philly I have no idea right now. They wanted Kelly or O'Brien but they won't get either
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 01:26:57 am »

Kelly to CLE isn't done yet:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/62807/browns-meeting-with-kelly-ends-with-no-deal

He would have to be stupid to torpedo himself by taking the Browns job; DET or CAR could be available in a year.  Or wait two years and sign with whichever pathetic team gets Manziel.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 07:03:50 am »

Kelly to CLE isn't done yet:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/62807/browns-meeting-with-kelly-ends-with-no-deal

He would have to be stupid to torpedo himself by taking the Browns job; DET or CAR could be available in a year.  Or wait two years and sign with whichever pathetic team gets Manziel.

Cleveland owner has very deep pockets and that is a good job right now. Waiting around hoping for Det or Carolina might not be wise. I could see Detroit bouncing back next year and Carolina has a crazy owner I don't think anyone wants to work for.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 07:39:45 am »

What pieces does CLE have in place besides LT... KR?

It's hard enough transitioning from college to the NFL.  If you're going to make that jump, best to go to a team that has some good pieces in place (with "pieces" being either good players, or a very high draft pick in a good year).  If he wants to come over this year, PHI and SD at least have some football players on their teams.

Anyway, it's not like Kelly will be scrounging for pennies if he stays in Eugene.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:41:59 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray