Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 04:08:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Black Monday - Tracking Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Black Monday - Tracking Thread  (Read 26731 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 10:47:01 am »

Ariens to SD as long as his medicals come out OK .

Looks like Mike Nolan might get a shot in Philly once Atlanta's season is over as well
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:22 am »

Jax just fired Mike Mularkey after 1 year
Considering they were friends and worked together in Atlanta ... I didn't think this would happen. Not this year anyway.  I have to believe he already knows who he is bringing to Jacksonville. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:49 am »

Considering they were friends and worked together in Atlanta ... I didn't think this would happen. Not this year anyway.  I have to believe he already knows who he is bringing to Jacksonville. 

Greg Roman.  Roman and the new GM Caldwell are former college roomates
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:15 am »

^^^ I'd hate for the 49ers to lose Roman so soon, but as I noted a while back, I do think he is an outstanding coach, and deserves a HC opportunity. I was just hoping it would come 1-2 years from now...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 03:13:59 pm »

Unless you watched them play, you have no idea what you're talking about. Aren't you the one who is always saying the box score is meaningless and stats don't tell the whole story? They were a far more impressive 7-9 than, say, Miami. -EK
I didn't think so. They had their moments in the last half of the year, but the first half of the year they looked much worse than Miami.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 03:16:27 pm »

I believe Carolina is a playoff team and will have ten wins next year. -EK
Your predictions haven't been too accurate so far.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. Smiley

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »

Pappy they had Atlanta beat early on and were in almost every game they played. I don't recall them getting waxed by 30 by a 6-10 team like Miami did. What did the Phins show you "early on" that looked better than what Carolina did? -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 04:27:56 pm »

Pappy they had Atlanta beat early on and were in almost every game they played. I don't recall them getting waxed by 30 by a 6-10 team like Miami did. What did the Phins show you "early on" that looked better than what Carolina did? -EK

Carolina only lost to a 2 win KC team that was beyond awful, that's something to hang your hat on!  Roll Eyes
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »

Monte Kiffin to Dallas as their Defensive Coordinator

Good hire for the Cowboys!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 04:33:53 pm »

Carolina only lost to a 2 win KC team that was beyond awful, that's something to hang your hat on!  Roll Eyes

So somehow losing by 30+ to a 6 win team is better than losing by 6 to a 2 win team? Thought a loss was a loss? Or isn't it? Or is it still only applicable to non-Miami teams? -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 04:34:48 pm »

Miami beat Cincy in week 5, St. Louis in week 6 and Seattle in week 12. Carolina's first big win came in week 14 when their season was over.

I'm not saying that Carolina is crap, but they are no more a playoff team right now then Miami is. They both have work to do to become playoff teams. Now I know that you said give them a defense and they are a playoff team, but you can say the same about Miami if you say give Tannehill a #1 WR and a TE. Playoff bound baby!!!! It's easy to say, harder to accomplish.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:37:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 04:36:52 pm »

So somehow losing by 30+ to a 6 win team is better than losing by 6 to a 2 win team? Thought a loss was a loss? Or isn't it? Or is it still only applicable to non-Miami teams? -EK

A loss is a loss, that's my point!! (thank you for making it for me!!!) You are ranking losses which is silly. And I am pointing out if you want to "rank them" (playing along with your logic) then which one is worse. Clearly losing to a 2 win team is worse! So you "propping up" the Panthers looks silly!

By the way, nobody is bashing the Panthers, they are a nice little 7 win team. Ordinary team, middle of the pack team. Nothing special. Maybe they will win 10 games next year and make the playoffs, in this league anything can happen we will see. But in 2012 they were average at best and bad most weeks. That's a fact!
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 04:45:32 pm »

Nobody's bashing them but they're an ordinary, middle of the pack team? Wtf? They had two major injuries on defense (LB and CB) and I believe when healthy are far better than their record- which, was of course, the same as Miami's. I'm sure if they trounce the Phins by 3 TDs next season you guys will have massive excuses for it as well. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »

Nobody's bashing them but they're an ordinary, middle of the pack team? Wtf? They had two major injuries on defense (LB and CB) and I believe when healthy are far better than their record- which, was of course, the same as Miami's. I'm sure if they trounce the Phins by 3 TDs next season you guys will have massive excuses for it as well. -EK

You clearly will be rooting against Miami that week like you do each and every week!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2013, 04:49:45 pm »

Arizona is waiting on Mike McCoy according to reports. If Haley gets the Arizona job though then Whisenhunt to Pitt as OC many believe

Lovie Smith might sit out the year and wait for a job next year

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray