Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:23:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2013 Hall of Fame Finalists
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2013 Hall of Fame Finalists  (Read 3330 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:36 am »

Here is the list with my thoughts on who SHOULD get in this year

Larry Allen--YES, lock hall of fame player
Jerome Bettis--NO
Tim Brown-NO
Cris Carter-YES, but if he is left out again this year wouldn't be shocked
Curley Culp--VETERANS GUY, he's getting in
Edward Debartalo Jr.--YES, but his off the field antics might keep him out
Kevin Greene--NO
Charles Haley--YES, terrific player who always produced
Art Modell---YES, he deserves to get in and is a lock hall of fame owner, but lots of the voters hate him for how he handled Cleveland. I am one of those people as well. I am rooting for him NOT to get in although he deserves to get in.
Jonathan Ogden--YES he was a hall of fame player. Bit of a baby and a whiner though so some voters are turned off by him.
Bill Parcells--YES, but like Modell he has a lot of enemies in that room who actually vote. I hope they vote NO again and keep him out. But he deserves to be in and he will get in one of these years. Probably this year honestly. Although I got my fingers crossed that his enemies come through again with that "no vote"
Andre Reed--NO
Dave Robinson--VETERANS GUY he is getting in
Warren Sapp--YES, but if he is left out this year I wouldn't be shocked. They might make him wait a couple  years
Will Shields--YES, tough tojudge offensvie guards sometimes but Shields belongs
Michael Strahan--YES, he is a lock
Aeneas Williams--NO

My prediction for 2013 are Allen, Carter, Parcells, Strahan, Sapp, Robinson, and Culp

I think Modell and Debartalo have far to many enemies to get in. Both are longshots to get in. Parcells should finally breaks through although I hope he doesn't. Out of those 3 who have pissed off a lot of people I think they will put 1 in but not all 3. Interesting that Tagliabu didn't make the final cut, his handling of the Saints situation upset a lot of people, he might have screwed himself for a bunch of years over that.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 10:39:36 pm »

Here is the list with my thoughts on who SHOULD get in this year

Larry Allen--YES, lock hall of fame player
Jerome Bettis--NO
Tim Brown-NO
Cris Carter-YES, but if he is left out again this year wouldn't be shocked
Curley Culp--VETERANS GUY, he's getting in
Edward Debartalo Jr.--YES, but his off the field antics might keep him out
Kevin Greene--NO
Charles Haley--YES, terrific player who always produced
Art Modell---YES, he deserves to get in and is a lock hall of fame owner, but lots of the voters hate him for how he handled Cleveland. I am one of those people as well. I am rooting for him NOT to get in although he deserves to get in.
Jonathan Ogden--YES he was a hall of fame player. Bit of a baby and a whiner though so some voters are turned off by him.
Bill Parcells--YES, but like Modell he has a lot of enemies in that room who actually vote. I hope they vote NO again and keep him out. But he deserves to be in and he will get in one of these years. Probably this year honestly. Although I got my fingers crossed that his enemies come through again with that "no vote"
Andre Reed--NO
Dave Robinson--VETERANS GUY he is getting in
Warren Sapp--YES, but if he is left out this year I wouldn't be shocked. They might make him wait a couple  years
Will Shields--YES, tough tojudge offensvie guards sometimes but Shields belongs
Michael Strahan--YES, he is a lock
Aeneas Williams--NO

My prediction for 2013 are Allen, Carter, Parcells, Strahan, Sapp, Robinson, and Culp

I think Modell and Debartalo have far to many enemies to get in. Both are longshots to get in. Parcells should finally breaks through although I hope he doesn't. Out of those 3 who have pissed off a lot of people I think they will put 1 in but not all 3. Interesting that Tagliabu didn't make the final cut, his handling of the Saints situation upset a lot of people, he might have screwed himself for a bunch of years over that.

I correctly predicted 6 of the 7 who got in.

Little surprised Strahan didn't get in
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:06:19 pm »

I was surprised by Strahan too.
el diablo
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:15 am »

I'm surprised how Strahan, Bettis, & Brown didn't get in. I have no issues with those who were voted in this year. Especially the number of interior lineman.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:43:52 am »

I'm surprised how Strahan, Bettis, & Brown didn't get in. I have no issues with those who were voted in this year. Especially the number of interior lineman.

Bettis and Brown aren't hall of fame players to me. I think Brown's latest comments how he thinks his coach didn't try to win the Super Bowl vs TB will haunt him for a while with the voters. I know Bettis has great numbers but I never viewed him as a hall of fame player.

I think Bettis has a better shot of getting in than Brown. The fact Harrison becomes eligible next year really hurts Tim Brown and Andre Reed.
el diablo
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 12:49:24 pm »

5th in receptions & yards, 7th in receiving touchdowns all-time. How is that not hall of fame worthy? Tim Brown deserves to be in The Hall. Those using his recent comments against him are just looking for excuses. Bill Parcels has said & done worse, yet he's in.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:58 pm »

5th in receptions & yards, 7th in receiving touchdowns all-time. How is that not hall of fame worthy? Tim Brown deserves to be in The Hall. Those using his recent comments against him are just looking for excuses. Bill Parcels has said & done worse, yet he's in.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Brown. I don't see him getting in anytime soon if ever.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:19:07 am »

Tim Brown was a Raider, which probably doesn't help.

I think Tim Brown is in the same boat as Andre Reed and Kevin Greene... not many people will complain if they get in, and not many people will complain if they don't.  They just need the right set of circumstances to get enough votes (basically, a weak class).

el diablo
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:40 am »

I agree that, being a Raider doesn't help (BS argument). But I disagree that he's on par with Andre Reed. I feel that he's more of a victim of being on the Raiders all those years without a HOF QB. That shouldn't be a slight against an obvious Hall of Famer. The man put up HOF numbers without a HOF QB. All he did, was show up & play. In my opinion if you finish in the top 10 in the top 3 statistical categories, you should be in the Hall Of Fame. Otherwise, you might as well call it a popularity contest. Where all that matters are rings. I call BS on that.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 05:32:19 pm »

Tim Brown deserves to be in the Hall, though it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray