Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:28:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Manti Te'o and His Imaginary Girlfriend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Manti Te'o and His Imaginary Girlfriend  (Read 29257 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 08:51:40 pm »

Pappy13, I am forced to wonder if you are equally understanding about other college players that lie for various reasons.
I'm understanding when I think the player deserves some understanding. Each circumstance is different. I think being taken advantage of and being duped into believing that someone that you cared for has died makes you the victim, not the villian. You're welcome to your own opinion.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2013, 12:53:25 am »

People act as if he would not have been in the running for Heisman consideration without this story. This guy legitimately won multiple awards and has been in the conversations about his play as a LB since his freshman year when the awards came around.
This hoax is meaningless to how well he plays LB. Are NFL QB's going to run elaborate hoaxes to dupe this guy?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:07 am »

People act as if he would not have been in the running for Heisman consideration without this story. This guy legitimately won multiple awards and has been in the conversations about his play as a LB since his freshman year when the awards came around.
This hoax is meaningless to how well he plays LB. Are NFL QB's going to run elaborate hoaxes to dupe this guy?

Exactly.  Folks say that this hoax has caused him to fall out of being a top draft prospect.  I won't be the bit disappointed if his draft stock falls to #29.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 12:35:52 pm »

Exactly.  Folks say that this hoax has caused him to fall out of being a top draft prospect.  I won't be the bit disappointed if his draft stock falls to #29.

His draft stock was falling before this story broke. He looked absolutely overmatched in the championship game.
Landshark
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:05 pm »

His draft stock was falling before this story broke. He looked absolutely overmatched in the championship game.

That's going to hurt his draft stock more than this story.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:46 am »

after actually listening to him speak, dude's definitely gay.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 10:45:17 am »

Valid reason for having an imaginary girl friend. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:56 am »

My understanding is that that is the standard Hawaiian accent, and that he sounds no different than thousands of other (straight) Hawaiian men.  Take that for what it's worth.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 02:33:57 pm »

I don't get a gay vibe from Te'o.

I drink your milkshake!
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

Apparently, it was a woman he was talking to, not a man.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8880021/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-cousin-was-voice-talking-manti-teo-report

I figured as much. Unless some sort of voice-altering technology was being used on the fly, I don't see how they could've gotten the voice to sound this female.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-listen-lennay-kekuas-voicemails,0,1025019.htmlstory
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »

The whole defense was over-matched
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2013, 03:52:27 pm »

^^^ Not to make excuses for ND, because Bama certainly came to play, but when a team has over a month between games they are gonna be a bit rusty.  I think it takes away from the contest when they have such a large gap until this game is played.  I wish they would move the top 2 or 3 big games back to New Years Day at least.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:20 am »

Does anyone here still believe that he was complicit in the whole thing and did it to garner votes/popularity?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
el diablo
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2013, 09:56:44 am »

Not a chance. The popularity/Heisman vote angle is weak to me. Either he was duped. Which does happen. Or he's still trying to hide something.
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:28 am »

Does anyone here still believe that he was complicit in the whole thing and did it to garner votes/popularity?

Not really. His play would've done it alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray