Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:27:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Enjoying the Pro-Bowl for a change.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Enjoying the Pro-Bowl for a change.  (Read 3572 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 27, 2013, 08:09:07 pm »

Defenses are actually trying.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:21 pm »

The AFC Defense is getting lit up like a fat Cuban cigar right now...TDs on 4 straight drives by the NFC.

This has been pretty enjoyable...hope they keep the game around for a while.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »

They are stopping plays before guys even get tackled. I think its pretty safe to say this game is on its last legs. If this isn't the last year I don't see it being around much longer. The "game" is a joke!
Landshark
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:37:04 am »

They are stopping plays before guys even get tackled. I think its pretty safe to say this game is on its last legs. If this isn't the last year I don't see it being around much longer. The "game" is a joke!

It's still a moneymaker and big draw for the Hawaiian Islands.  And the NFL players like it because they like the idea of an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for them and their families. 

What they need to do is move it back to the week after the Super Bowl where it belongs.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »

It's still a moneymaker and big draw for the Hawaiian Islands.  And the NFL players like it because they like the idea of an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for them and their families. 

What they need to do is move it back to the week after the Super Bowl where it belongs.

The same players that don't give it a full effort....yeah they are gonna try and keep them happy! lol lol

The game has no chance of survival. It's just a matter of time at this point.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »

^^ Disagree.  I don't see any way they get rid of it, unless multiple people tear ACL's during the game.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 06:05:20 pm »

^^ Disagree.  I don't see any way they get rid of it, unless multiple people tear ACL's during the game.

I think its done. Maybe not next year but within a couple years.
Landshark
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:42:06 pm »

The same players that don't give it a full effort....yeah they are gonna try and keep them happy! lol lol

unless multiple people tear ACL's during the game.

This is why the players don't give it full effort.  So they can prevent ACL tears from happening.  You tear your ACL in the Pro Bowl, chances are you could say goodbye to a ton of cash.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:06 pm »

This is why the players don't give it full effort.  So they can prevent ACL tears from happening.  You tear your ACL in the Pro Bowl, chances are you could say goodbye to a ton of cash.

which is why its a BS event and needs to go away. Thankfully Goodell and NFLPA President DeMaurice Smith share the same opinion as me and is trying to get rid of this joke of a "game"

Its the one thing the league and union agree on!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

I am fine with half-hearted effort.  You guys are expecting a real game - its not.

I am fine with JJ Watt playing wide receiver, and Jeff Saturday playing for the wrong team.  I wish they'd have more of it.  I am fine with players tweeting from the sidelines.  Hell, I think it'd be awesome if they had a computer in the end zone for live tweeting after every touchdown.

Its an exhibition of the most talented players in the league.  Remember that - and EXHIBITION.  Its supposed to be light-hearted and fun, and no one cares who wins.  Hell, no one cares if guys line up on the right side of the ball. 

Take it for what it is, and nothing more.
Landshark
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:40 am »

I am fine with half-hearted effort.  You guys are expecting a real game - its not.

I am fine with JJ Watt playing wide receiver, and Jeff Saturday playing for the wrong team.  I wish they'd have more of it.  I am fine with players tweeting from the sidelines.  Hell, I think it'd be awesome if they had a computer in the end zone for live tweeting after every touchdown.

Its an exhibition of the most talented players in the league.  Remember that - and EXHIBITION.  Its supposed to be light-hearted and fun, and no one cares who wins.  Hell, no one cares if guys line up on the right side of the ball. 

You hit it right on the head.  It's a "goof off" game, something these guys can't do in the regular season.  These guys are the best of the best and earned the right to be here.  Let them have their fun.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 10:00:33 am »

Exactly.  If it was a basketball game it should be the Harlem Globe Trotters playing the Harlem Globe Trotters.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 11:01:15 am »

I watched about 10 plays, saw that it was guys pretending to play football and changed the channel.

What if they changed it to a flag football game?

I drink your milkshake!
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 12:33:01 pm »

I tried to watch it, but it made me a little queasy to watch guys half-heartedly pushing the punt returner towards the sidelines and laughing.  After 1 series, I switched channels. 

I'm fine if there are others that want to watch it.  If enough people tune in, it's not going away quickly; but I don't see the attraction and wouldn't miss it.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:03:44 pm »

Well said.

Honestly I don't remember this much chatter about how bad the Pro Bowl is than the last few years. Why all of a sudden the problem with it? You don't like it, don't watch it. These guys aren't gonna get hurt in a "fun" game. The other sports' all star games are no different. High scoring, half hearted and players having fun.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:06:48 pm by Thundergod » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray