Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:41:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Lebron is that good.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Lebron is that good.  (Read 13161 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:32 pm »

Have you all been paying attention?  He's killing it....but doing so quietly.  He's scoring 30+ points a night, without authority.  He's just doing his thing, hitting his shots, and finding open guys.

I know this is reactionary, but I've never seen anyone play this good, ever.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »

he just tied an NBA record with moses malone and some other guy from the 60s .. something about 5 games in a row of 30 points and 60% shooting .. he's been hitting 75% of his shots over the past few weeks and about 55% of 3s .
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:41:29 pm »

Jordan's age when he won his first title: 28 years, 3 months, 23 days

LeBron's age when he won his first title: 27 years, 5 months, 22 days

I said this in the LeBron hating thread a couple of years back... if people had judged Jordan by the same standard as they were judging LeBron, they would think Jordan is a one-dimensional scorer who would never win anything.

In fact, Jordan himself alludes to this in the Dream Team documentary... he says that back then, people thought he was a good player, but that he could never measure up to Magic.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »

LeBron is having a season for the ages...the King in his Prime. Power forwards can't handle his speed, wing players can't handle his power...and nobody can handle the entire package. It just looks like every time he steps on the court, he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. I haven't seen anyone intimidate other players like this since Jordan retired.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:09:22 pm »

Make that 6 games in a row with 30+ points and shooting over 60% for the King...

Edited to add: I just read where the other two players who had done the 30/60 for 5 games, Moses Malone and Adrian Dantley, both stopped their streak at 5 games, so LeBron now holds the record at 6.

Prop bet bookie notes<g>:

* Miami plays at Oklahoma City on Thursday.
* OKC is the #2 team in the league in opponent field goal percentage (.429).
* The #1 team in that category, Indiana (.419), was the last team to hold LeBron under those numbers, 7 games ago.
* LeBron's last game against OKC (on 12/25) was close...he shot 60% (12 of 20) but finished a point shy at 29.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:23:49 am by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
el diablo
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:56:03 am »

This run of his has just been amazing. All you can do is just sit back and enjoy the show.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:57 am »

Lebron clearly had a 7th game with 60% and 30+ points.  The game was over and out of reach.  Lebron was kept in the game and shot a really, really long 3 pointer that missed, sending him to 58%.

Now, I don't care about the record, but I wonder what was behind this.

Did Lebron not realize?
Did he just not care?
Or was he making a statement that the team is bigger than his individual record?

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:54:35 am »

I could see not knowing, or not caring...but I doubt it was to make a statement.

I really thought he was going to stretch it to 7...and with a triple double to spice it up. What a monster.

~ Micah Leggat
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »

IMO, and this is just me, but it seems like a lot of people are forgetting that Kobe scored over 40 points 9 games in a row (46, 42, 51, 44, 40, 52, 40, 40, 41) and 50 points 4 games in a row (65, 50, 60, 50) followed by a ho-hum 43 point night. LBJ is having an amazing streak, but I don't find it more impressive than either of those. -EK
Landshark
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 02:25:18 pm »

IMO, and this is just me, but it seems like a lot of people are forgetting that Kobe scored over 40 points 9 games in a row (46, 42, 51, 44, 40, 52, 40, 40, 41) and 50 points 4 games in a row (65, 50, 60, 50) followed by a ho-hum 43 point night. LBJ is having an amazing streak, but I don't find it more impressive than either of those. -EK

Kobe doesn't play any defense.  If he did, he would be dog tired.  One thing about a Pat Riley molded team is that you either play defense or you don't play at all.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 02:28:52 pm »

As dominant as LeBron is playing right now...if he was told it was in the best interests of the team, he could average 40 per game.

~ Micah Leggat
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »

He's an All-Defensive first team selection nine times and 12 times on the team overall. That's, what- 8 times more than LBJ? Not following you there. -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 02:36:50 pm »

Kobe doesn't play any defense.  If he did, he would be dog tired.  One thing about a Pat Riley molded team is that you either play defense or you don't play at all.
Since 1999, Kobe has been on the NBA All-Defensive First- or Second-Team every year but once.  He is tied with Kevin Garnett for the most selections of any player ever.

Saying "Kobe doesn't play any defense" is like saying "Allen Iverson didn't shoot very much" or "Dennis Rodman wasn't that good of a rebounder."  I don't know if you could make a less accurate statement if you tried.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:38:43 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »

As dominant as LeBron is playing right now...if he was told it was in the best interests of the team, he could average 40 per game.

I agree, but the point is not what he could do, but what is is doing. In terms of flat out scoring, I believe MJ and Kobe could have surpassed 40 ppg with ease if they were given the same situation. Let's be honest, is LBJ EVER going to hit 81 or 62 through three quarters only to sit out the fourth? Doubtful. LeBron is having a great run- there's no doubt- but let's save some of the greatest of all time intimations for a bit. I still don't believe he's the best player of his generation. -EK
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »

^^^ I count two "believes," both sides of "doubt" and one "Let's be honest" to underscore the validity of your statement ...Hell, that's good enough for me. Kobe is awesomeness incarnate!

[/end sarcasm]

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray