Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 05:18:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Lebron is that good.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Lebron is that good.  (Read 13127 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 04:04:28 pm »

Keep repeating the question. Maybe at some point I'll answer it since it is a dumb question to begin with. I actually am old enough to remember Johnson (and am a Lakers fan) so I really don't need your analysis of his game.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 04:16:48 pm »

So if you understand the question, why do you continue to insist that it is SO ABSURD to say that Jordan did not "affect the entire court" like Magic or Oscar (or LeBron)?

You did notice that those were specifically the players I was comparing Jordan to, right?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 04:21:57 pm »

His game is different, yes (but then again so is James but one can easily infer you mean to say James game is exactly like Magic or Oscar). But Jordan did absolutely affect the entire court is my point. If you want to stipulate that "Like Magic or Oscar" is your point rather than taking a position that "Jordan didn't affect the entire court", I will concede. That is why I said each of those players is different than the others already.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:31:44 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »

For my own part of this conversation, I championed LeBron when the comparisons were with Kobe Bryant. I'm not capable of saying that LeBron is greater than Jordan, though I think if he adds a few more titles and continues the ridiculously efficient stat production, I could easily see him standing next to Jordan on that particular "greatest ever?" pedestal...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »

Heat streak up to 26... LeBron gave Wade the night off and beat down the worst team in the league (Charlotte) to the tune of 32 points (11/14, 10/11), 8 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks.  Not sure if Miami will get to 33, but they sure do seem close to unbeatable right now. They do tease early though...this was the 4th straight game in this streak that Miami has allowed their opponent to get an early 10+ point lead.

The road game in San Antonio, four games from now, will be the true test. Popovich always has his team playing well down the stretch, plus the Spurs are brutally tough at home (30-4).

Meanwhile, my Suns are already thinking Lottery. We're hanging around the #3/#4 slot (slot being ping pong ball percentage), and I'm already dreaming of a Nerlens Noel or Otto Porter in a Suns uniform. Now we just need the Lakers to really implode and miss the playoffs, so Phoenix (who has LA's semi-protected pick) can have another card in the lottery (and maybe an Oladipo or Michael Carter-Williams to go with Otto). Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
el diablo
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »

....well, that's over. Now ESPN can get back to talking about their first love. The Lakers.
Landshark
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2013, 11:10:38 pm »

....well, that's over. Now ESPN can get back to talking about their first love. The Lakers.

If the streak was gonna end, fitting it ends in Michael Jordan's domain.
el diablo
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »

^^^^ It would have been more satisfying had it happened in the O-Zone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray