Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 03:33:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jeffrey Loria is Scum Part 3978897
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Jeffrey Loria is Scum Part 3978897  (Read 5139 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 16, 2013, 01:06:40 pm »

http://deadspin.com/5984732/jeffrey-loria-told-jose-reyes-to-get-a-nice-house-in-miami-four-days-before-trading-him-and-decimating-the-marlins-roster

Let's just pin this thread as more will come up. The link says it all. Loria is a Bond villain.
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:00:49 pm »

This is pretty horribly scummy.

Here's my thinking: is there an action for promissory estoppel here in the event that Reyes *does* buy the house?
Landshark
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »

I can only imagine what Dolphins fans would have to suffer through if this money grubbing POS owned them.  Seriously, he makes Steven Ross look like Art Rooney.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:35:35 pm by Landshark » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:30 pm »

I love every second of national press this guy gets for being a complete waste of human tissue.  His arrogant money-grubbing attitude is vomit-inducing.  I would love nothing more than to wait in line to punch this guy in his fat face.

How MLB hasn't stepped in to remove him yet is beyond me.
Landshark
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:25 am »

Make that part 3978898.  Just heard on the radio this morning the Marlins are suing one of their fans.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:51:31 am »

HEre's the story.  The Marlins are a complete joke.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21912900/marlins-threaten-to-sue-season-ticket-holders-over-seat-complaint
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:30:01 am »

I'm kind of on the fence about it. Those extra couple of inches mean nothing and don't obstruct your view, get over it. I heard reports that the Marlins offered them other seats but they weren't in the first row. I don't know how they couldn't find some first row seating since I'm sure they have no fans anyway. But suing your fans? I know they signed a contract, but suing? I dunno. The fans seem to be complaining over nothing.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

End of the day, if a fan chooses not to renew their tickets FOR ANY REASON, that's their prerogative.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:29:54 am »

End of the day, if a fan chooses not to renew their tickets FOR ANY REASON, that's their prerogative.

But they already signed their multi-year contract. Do they have a way out of it?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 11:31:20 am »

^^^ Not if they signed a contract which it says they did.

Personally both sides are being petty and stupid. I think the fan is looking for an excuse out of an agreement he signed. That padding complaint is stupid. As for the Marlins, if they have a complaint work to correct it as best you can. It isn't like you have people beating down your doors to come to the games.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:29:04 pm »

If you sign a contract, the Marlins don't have the right to change the condition of the seats AFTER the signing without offering reasonable alternatives.

They get you locked in to a multi-year deal for big money and front row seats and then they put a huge sign in front of your seats and they become partially obstructed, its the classic bait-and-switch.  How could anyone think that was OK.
Landshark
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 02:16:59 pm »

If you sign a contract, the Marlins don't have the right to change the condition of the seats AFTER the signing without offering reasonable alternatives.

They get you locked in to a multi-year deal for big money and front row seats and then they put a huge sign in front of your seats and they become partially obstructed, its the classic bait-and-switch.  How could anyone think that was OK.

Bingo.  Because the Marlins changed the condition of the seats, that right there should void the contract.   You can't alter your end of a deal and then expect the other party to keep theirs.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »

Did you even look at the photos? This huge sign equates to about two inches of padding on top of the wall in front of them. That really is not changing the condition of seats. They are concerned because they cannot see ground hit foul balls. It sounds like they are more concerned about getting a souveneir rather than safety. How is a ground ball going to endanger them?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:43:26 pm by Phishfan » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:51 pm »

Bingo.  Because the Marlins changed the condition of the seats, that right there should void the contract.   You can't alter your end of a deal and then expect the other party to keep theirs.

No.  The test is not "changed the conditions" of the seats.  The defendant is going to have to prove that the change materially changed the conditions of the seats to get any relief.  And then so most likely only a refund on the diminished value.    

You can't void a contract for every minor little detail.  Specifically, if the detail is not explicitly stated in the contract.  (And I really doubt the contract said anything that would bar this.)

Courts are very reluctant to void contracts.

From looking at the photos, for a person sitting in the front row, it appears that the obstructed view consists of a few inches of grass outside the field of play.  I doubt that "change" rises to enough to even get a lower price.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 03:15:46 pm »

Phish, in my example, the "huge sign" was hypothetical.

Point is, SOMETHING changed that led them to not have liked the seats, and they can claim that they wouldn't have selected that seat had they been like that when they originally purchased. That's all they need.

Besides, isn't it better to move their seat to avoid all the bad press they are getting?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray